585,914 active members*
3,685 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Tormach Personal CNC Mill > Pathpilot start with 640 X480 screen

Pathpilot start with 640 X480 screen

Most of the time when I turn on the lathe, pathpilot start with a 640 X 480 resulution so, I can't see the exit button so, I have to turn off the computer and re start until it open with the

resolution of 1024.

I tryed the ADMIN command for the monitor but I only have two choices, 640 X 480 and another one which I can't remember.
    Detect monitor does not work either,

How can I fix it.

I bought the touch screen from Tormach if this help

Thanks for your help, Jeff

Re: Pathpilot start with 640 X480 screen

Jeff I had this happen too with a new build. Was a pain to fix. Bottom line is you have to find the right Linux video card drivers and install. My box was a home built one using ati Radeon I believe. I ended up trying a couple differ video cards to get one that worked.

If this is a new problem (previously working fine with current hardware) then check your vga cable. I've seen issues where changing the cable fixed everything.

I second the "Check your cable". I had a similar problem with a tormach pathpilot box, tried three different cables. Third one fixed the issue. I can't remember off the top of my head what the issue was, maybe I was trying to use DVI on a DVI-D connector or maybe I had to use VGA. I'll look at it when I get home and see if I can remember what the situation was.

the touch screen should auto detect and resize automatically. At the touchscreen end. So, agree this may be a cable problem. Not so likely it's your controller if it occasionally works.

Same here with the cable. I needed a longer VGA cable so bought one, then a second, neither worked at 1024 x 768. Paid extra for a branded (Belkin) cable and it's fine, though occasionally the controller will start-up at the lower resolution, needing a controller reboot which always works. I asked Tormach about this - didn't buy their longer cable as I'm in UK and needed a faster / cheaper solution - and they said the cable sensitivity is known. Must be a very low 'sense' current which is upset by the cheaper / thinner conductiors (??). Either that or a crosstalk / interference issue. Hope this helps!

Cheers, Andy

I ran into the same problem with my mill. I had to disconnect the monitor power supply from the mill and plug it directly to an outlet. Seems to work, just have to turn on/off the monitor manually.

Thanks everybody, have many VGA cable and will try that.

The one I use right is the one that came with the monitor with the gold connectors.

When the controller turn on, the monitor show the AUTO ADJUST logo but start in the 800 X 600 ( sorry, it was not 640 X 480)

Jeff

Same thing happened to me. Plug your monitor into the wall, NOT the mill. Turn the monitor on before the controller and it'll work as expected.

Cheers