585,752 active members*
3,895 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAM Software > UG NX > Switched to LCD in older v of UG from CRT and my circles are ovals!!! help

Red face Switched to LCD in older v of UG from CRT and my circles are ovals!!! help

Hi
    I recently upgraded graphics and added a large LCD instead of my old 21" CRT monitor.
    Now my models are stretched and my drawing circles are ovals! I have an older version of NX.
    What do I do?
    Thank You

Re: Switched to LCD in older v of UG from CRT and my circles are ovals!!! help

Reset your screen resolution in Windows. Find the one that works correctly

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Dawson View Post
    Reset your screen resolution in Windows. Find the one that works correctly
    Hi Jim thanks for the rely so quickly. I tried every available resolution from my graphics card and still circles are ovals. I remember a command in Visualization or somewhere where oblong circles became real circles but I can't find it. Any ideas? Perhaps I need a better graphics card.

I also remember when UG was domestic and there were manufacturing plants and fabricators all over the country using it.

I don't know about Visualization, so I can't help you there. The real problem is the that your original screen was a 4:3 width to height ratio, the new screens are 16:9, I think I see a new video card in your future.

Calibrate the screen in NX - Preferences - Visualization - View/Screen - Calibrate..
    Mark Rief
    Siemens PLM

Quote Originally Posted by markrief View Post
    Calibrate the screen in NX - Preferences - Visualization - View/Screen - Calibrate..
    Thank You Everyone