2000 vintage My4 with 16i-m. Issue started yesterday. It's not a normal Spindle Air-Oil fault that you can reset at the unit itself... This time the power drops to the spindle air-oil unit and the way lube unit both at the same time, and it's always at 2 minutes after power up.

I checked the pressure switches on the air and oil side, they are fine. However the XIC signal "OILAIR" in the ladder (X0.7) is not made even though the permissives are there to make it...

I am guessing there is a timer in the ladder somewhere that if it doesn't see that contact closed it shuts power to both units??? I'd expect to just see a fault however? Sometimes I can reset it at the control if I try to jog an axis while pressing reset... but it still times out after 2 minutes and shuts down again...

So - does it sound like a broken wire or maybe the control relay for the SAO? Is that tied to the way lube unit as well?

I've already got to work all weekend to get some parts done - if I can figure this out - sooo.....what if I were to jump that signal at the input board? I just need to get these parts done...badly...

I also have PMC ladder software - I am tempted to take that XIC out of the rung for now....but I really don't want to get into it nor have I tried on a CNC machine (usually just used for Fanuc robots).

Anyone have this issue before?