585,997 active members*
4,844 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Thread: mazak users

Page 2 of 3 123

Help with program format!

We have a mazak AJV 35/60 that we are trying to program, I have a post processor for Ez-cam, but thats not the problem, we also have a wireless dnc setup but what we really need is a way to get the comment data in the right place on the display so as it will transmit programs. I think?

I can program (at least I try) in edit mode eia/iso format but not sure as to how g-code is needed to be layed out.

%
    (6323);
    %
    The above is needed to call a program? I Think.
    It is actually saved as a work #5556 used to call program # 6323.
    And just change whatever program needed in parenthesis?

I hope somebody else knows what I,m talking about!
    or is there a different format as to how and what it needs to be layed out!

I'm working with the dnc people but I not sure if they have a sample call program that would help!

Thanks, dazed and confused!

I just bought a new Integrex 200-IV-S. I used to cut gears on a Fadal with a 4th axis and an involute gear cutter mounted in an arbor.

I'd like to try gear hobbing, rotating the blanc in C axis and the hob in the spindle, but haven't a clue as to how to do it, and where to get the appropriatte hobb. I know it's possible since they sell a gear hobbing option for Mazatrol, but I suspect it can be just as simply programmed in EIA.

Any thoughts, suggestions, or ideas?

thanks,
    Stu

post for a M-32 mazatrol control using Gibbs Cam

Hello Guys

i have a bit of a problem using the Posts that we have to run our
    Mazak H630N Machine. It has a 1deg rotary pallet changer on it and i can't find a good post that will out put pallet changes and all the good stuff. i have to always edit the programs on the machine for all the B-Axis indexing as well as all the pallet changes etc. it is a pain.

Also do any of you guys know what the memory size is for this control? or would it have been an options when the machine was bought originally? it is a 1993 H630N. the manuals we got is very vague on the size of program you can load into the thing. also is there a DNC option that will work on this machine? all the programming we will be doing with this machine will be G-code or
    eia/iso. i'm very new with mazak machines and mazatrol, so for now ill stick to g-code. Any suggestions as to things i should check or watch out for on the Horizontal? checks on the used machine etc
    All my prior experience have been on vertical CNC mills. mainly Fadal VMC.

any suggestions are appreciated and welcomed, I'm pretty green with this machine.

thanks

Chris

Mazak Users

Hay YA mazak Users

I thought i was the only one in this world

the company i work for has just a few mazaks, We run around 30 Mazaks i think.. not sure im looseing count
    have the full shop of 3axis mills and lathes
    also have 3 intagrexs one of witch is the biggest in the southern hemphere..
    also run x4 4 axis hoizontals...
    all of witch run M32 to fusion 640 and and even the new matrix systems

good to see there are more out there..i dont think that there are many down in little old NZ

Andrew

too young

rs, I am having my first contact with mazatrol, i have no clue how to program for the mazak, jus doing G code yet, we also have some other machines like MILTRONICS, HURCO, DAH-LIH (FANUC), CINCINNATI, only in the hurco I program without type G code... can anybody help with the mazatrol (it looks fantastic system)?

if you need a hand, we will try to help. what control is it? do you have the manuals?

is a MAZAK M PLUS, I don't know much more, I have the programming manual (G code only), a friend gave me a hand today to write a program to do a simple face mill, but I'm in the dark when I talk about mazatrol..... I coud not find a good manual (mazatrol) on the internet, do you have any? tks...

i think i have some in PDF format which is nice if you have a compuer to put it on. it allows you to scan through them and use search functions. if you post your email i will try to get them to you. i don't know if you can send personal messages on this board if you do not want to post it for everybody to see.

will be good to have the pdf files, thanks for your help

[email protected]

Hello Please sent me the dpf file .Thks.
    [email protected]

mazatrol

I've got the pdf but I'm short in time, the program is done in GCode and running, the program is very simple, just milling knives for machines, I have some pictures. The program is 3 lines, milling from right to left, I coud mill in one line, but I have to have some way to ajust the land...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails picture 193.jpg   picture 195.jpg   picture 198.jpg  

Quote Originally Posted by 585integrex1 View Post
    i think i have some in PDF format which is nice if you have a compuer to put it on. it allows you to scan through them and use search functions. if you post your email i will try to get them to you. i don't know if you can send personal messages on this board if you do not want to post it for everybody to see.
    Please send me the PDF files. Thanks.

[email protected]

Quote Originally Posted by 585integrex1 View Post
    Please send me the PDF files. Thanks a lot!

[email protected]

I just bought a Mazak FH-6800 Horizontal Machining Center back in January and I had never ran one before in my life. I was mostly a manual machinist but I have to say that I love this machine. 120 tool capacity and I am up to 78 tools. Kind of struggled in the beginning because I was trying to figure out all of the "whys" but now it's pretty easy.

Thats a big step from a manual machine to a 6800... We have several of them (among many other models) and they are kick ass machines. Have fun with it!!
    It's just a part..... cutter still goes round and round....

Quote Originally Posted by psychomill View Post
    Thats a big step from a manual machine to a 6800... We have several of them (among many other models) and they are kick ass machines. Have fun with it!!
    LOL! HUGE step and very expensive at the same time!

I need an Integrex now!

everybody needs an integrex.

mazaks

My father started our shop and I have been running Mazaks since I was 13. We have grown a lot since then and we now have 6 Mazak Lathes, 2 Horizontals, 2 Integrex's and a Multiplex. We have had T-2's, T-32-2's, T+'s, Fusion's and now the Matrix controls.

The Matrix control is different and it looks like they are trying to merge the differences between Lathes, mills and Integrex's. Now the lathe and mill manual programs are identical along with tool call-outs.

Anyway, I am new here but will help anytime I am able. I am a huge fan of Mazatrol and if you know how to munipulate it, you can do almost anything.

Smile

Oh Yeah, 23 years and counting, t2, t32, tplus, t32-3, ms, msy, 640t, m2, m32, 640m, and matrix, on qt-15, qt-25, sqt15, sqt18, qt250, qt350, v655, v550, h630, vtc16, ajv60-80, h60-160, ajv18, vqc, integrex400, h6800, hmmm......and probably a few i forgot. (ps...qt28).

MAZAK SQT 250 MS

Hi guys,

I think im in the right place to talk MAZAK?

Page 2 of 3 123