585,927 active members*
3,876 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Assistance with Multicam Turbo Vac

I'm new to running the CNC, I was working for a sign shop as a fabricator, and my hard work, ability to learn processes, and strong work ethic opened up the opportunity to learn them, so I'm taking on the challenge with less than two weeks time of training from the previous guy... He got me set up good for the most part but he couldn't show me everything, Been doing it now for a few months and every day is something new. with two machines, one 15 yo and the other 6yo, both love to surprise me. so now I'm here with this problem. . .

I'm having some trouble with my "multicam turbovac system" vacuum pump. I'm guessing its a heat issue. The pump will turn off during jobs. And inside the electrical box is a square control unit with a blue push button. Ill insert pictures below. First i noticed if i reset the button the vacuum will run back up. Then realized the cooling fan wasn't working. So thinking the problem was a temperature trip of some kind, I replaced the cooling fan. But now the fan doesn't come on and if I run the pump with the cover on, it heats up or the button trips and vacuum turns off.

Maybe someone can tell me what the dang box is or how I can find a manual on it, I've looked online and can't find ANYTHING with the numbers on the unit or the make model of the pump.

any help, words of wisdom helpful thank you for your time.
    If need more pictures or info let me now, ill continue to problem solve myself.

Pics https://www.dropbox.com/sh/ysxftby9y...132qUTUja?dl=0

Re: Assistance with Multicam Turbo Vac

I had the same problem with my 20hp Turbo Vac. I finally just removed the switch shown in red on the attached pdf. It says it's optional anyway. No problems since, but I rarely run the vac more than 2 hours at a session.

Something else to check, is make sure all the connections are tight on the motor and motor starter, a loose wire can overheat a leg and cause a shut down.

Neal

Okay thank you ill try that. Any idea why cooling fan wont turn on? Going to check to see if its even getting power. . .

Thank you very much! Your help helped me find a loose connection. Red 4131 was loose from his connector. Im guessing going into that vacuum safety switch. Fan kicks on now and everything seems to be working. Im in Palm Springs, CA and in the summer its 120+ so ill keep that switch in there just for over heating situations. Sadly the pump is out side in the elements. ..

Thank you again!

Ken Wood
    Best Signs inc

Your welcome. I've heard 90% of electrical problems can be attributed to a loose connection and/or bad wiring. :-)
    Don't know if it's true but it's the first thing to check.

Neal