585,735 active members*
4,871 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

CNC Plasma Cutting machine

Hi all this is my first ever post.....

Could anyone recommend a good budget CNC Plasma cutting machine for starting off producing signage and plasma art, my hope is to do this on the side and then span out into fabrication (I am in the UK).

Apart from the initial cost of buying the machine, what other costs would be involved (consumables)? is there any other recommendations what to look out for regarding these machines?

Thanks in advance

Re: CNC Plasma Cutting machine

hi philsaum

what about this cnc plasma cutting machine? Any questions can email me.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aUx9P2pC9Cw
    E-mail: [email protected] Web: www.elephant-cnc.com
    --------------Jinan Blue Elephant CNC Machinery Co., Ltd-------------

Quote Originally Posted by philsaum View Post

Apart from the initial cost of buying the machine, what other costs would be involved (consumables)?
    There are a number of variables here, so I'll start off with the environment that the machine is installed in. First off, electrical power. You'll need one electrical distribution box for for the plasma power supply and one for the cutting machine gantry. A ground rod dedicated to the plasma cutting table.
    Gas requirements: If you're cutting with air, you need an air supply with sufficient volume to supply the torch you're using. The air supply needs to be free of moisture, else you'll be going through consumables quickly. It needs to be well regulated as fluctuations in supply pressure will affect cut quality and consumable life. If you're using gas bottles, then dual stage regulators on the bottles will keep your supply pressures stable.
    Table considerations: Down Draft table or water table?
    What material are you cutting? Stainless? Mild Steel?

At Hornet Cutting Systems, we offer a variety of high-performance CNC Plasma Cutters. Each of our machines can be configured for plasma cutting, oxy-fuel cutting or both. Check out our website to see our selection of CNC Plasma Cutters: https://hornetcs.com/cnc-plasma-cutters/

If you're interested in our machines or would like more information, please contact us at 1-844-209-5552. We'd be happy to help find the right equipment for you.

I'm having trouble cutting a hub spacer. When I use a marker to test it comes out good then when I run the plasma it spaces the bolt holes wrong and offsets the centre hole. Any ideas on how to fix it also Kirk's when arc starts

Sounds like noise from the plasma unit. What kind of plasma cutter are you using ? If it's one of the HF start (i.e chinese cutters, etc), then you'll have problems if you haven't planned for it.

One quick thing to do is move the PC as far away from the table as you can.
    The second thing is to install a earth ground ( ground rod) to the table. I also grounded the PC case to the earth rod ground point.

The other remedies for a noisy plasma are a bit more complicated. Shielded cables with drain wires, etc.

Willy

Check out this video, and others from Joe.

https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q...DF&FORM=VRDGAR