584,805 active members*
4,854 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

PMinMO Status

I thought I'd take a moment and explain my disappearance from here as well as my website pminmo.com for those that might remember me. In late Jan 2014 I was diagnosed with stage 4 cancer. The statistical prognosis wasn't good. Besides undergoing surgeries and chemotherapy I needed to devote my time to putting my affairs in order and relax and enjoy life, thus giving up my web presence. As I near my 3 year anniversary of the diagnosis I'm happy to say I'm still alive and have had several doctors admit I've outlived their expectations. It was a pleasure to interact with the people of the cnczone through the years. My belief in Jesus Christ as my savior and prayers from people have kept me going in what has been a daily miracle for several years now. Enjoy everyday of your life folks, things can turn on a dime. People and relationships are important, material things become problematic...(I had a full woodworking shop, small lathe, cnc mill, three DIY cnc machines and nice electronics lab as well as numerous RC airplanes and support equipment that I needed to sell to avoid that burden for my wife.)

Thanks,
    Phil Moore
    pminmo.com

Re: PMinMO Status

Hi Phil,
    I can probably say that many of the early cnczone members learned much from your contributions. I myself have built a couple of your stepper designs. One of the first diy microstepping drivers available as I recall.

Thank you.

Phil, the pleasure was ours. You've been missed.
    Gerry

UCCNC 2017 Screenset
    http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2017.html

Mach3 2010 Screenset
    http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2010.html

JointCAM - CNC Dovetails & Box Joints
    http://www.g-forcecnc.com/jointcam.html

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

Hey Phil! So glad to hear you are still with us. Best wishes.
    James hosts the single best wiki page about steppers for CNC hobbyists on the net:
    http://www.piclist.com/techref/io/steppers.htm Disagree? Tell him what's missing! ,o)

I to would like to wish Very best wishes for PminMo get well soon old man

Quote Originally Posted by pminmo View Post
    I thought I'd take a moment and explain my disappearance from here as well as my website pminmo.com for those that might remember me. In late Jan 2014 I was diagnosed with stage 4 cancer. The statistical prognosis wasn't good. Besides undergoing surgeries and chemotherapy I needed to devote my time to putting my affairs in order and relax and enjoy life, thus giving up my web presence. As I near my 3 year anniversary of the diagnosis I'm happy to say I'm still alive and have had several doctors admit I've outlived their expectations. It was a pleasure to interact with the people of the cnczone through the years. My belief in Jesus Christ as my savior and prayers from people have kept me going in what has been a daily miracle for several years now. Enjoy everyday of your life folks, things can turn on a dime. People and relationships are important, material things become problematic...(I had a full woodworking shop, small lathe, cnc mill, three DIY cnc machines and nice electronics lab as well as numerous RC airplanes and support equipment that I needed to sell to avoid that burden for my wife.)

Thanks,
    Phil Moore
    pminmo.com
    Omg, just read this. So sorry, hope U are doing OK. I hope u kick this cancera ass. The stepper drivers from your web were the first one I made. Thank you for your contribution to people. I cant thank you enough. If it wasnt for you, maybe I wouldnt own a CNC-shop now. Thank You!

Phil;

It has been a long time, but I won't forget your help when I needed a device to help me assemble smt components by hand, I still have it. I am sorry to hear about your ordeal. I hope everything went well and you are still enjoying life with your loved ones.

Best wishes and regards,

kreutz