585,715 active members*
4,077 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Haas Machines > Haas Mills > how & where I can adjust the Electronic Backlash Compensation on a hass tm-1

how & where I can adjust the Electronic Backlash Compensation on a hass tm-1

I need to adjust my backlash on Y, it's out by .0003,
    how & where I can adjust the Electronic Backlash Compensation on a hass tm-1

Re: how & where I can adjust the Electronic Backlash Compensation on a hass tm-1

I don't know where or if it's possible to input backlash comp on a Haas controller. But, it's normally better to correct the mechanical problem. I'm pretty sure that Haas has preload adjustable ball nuts, and also check the thrust bearing preload.

Re: how & where I can adjust the Electronic Backlash Compensation on a hass tm-1

Parameter 13,27,41 X,Y,Z

go to para 27 and throw a bigger number . note #26 is a big number (262144 on mine) . my Y is 56. I imagine you will have to go to the settings page and turn #7 off. And press E-stop to make changes like this. Point is you will have to put a number in and test your backlash to see if you made any progress. You should not have to mess with these numbers, unless you swapped the screw. Good luck. let us know what you discovered. ( try 100)