585,728 active members*
4,585 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

FANUC BOARD COMPATIBILITY

Does anyone know what significance the suffix has on the FANUC boards. Does it just refer to minor revisions that do not affect function?
    I have a A16B-1000-0030/04C and A16B-1000-0030/06C board (6M Motherboards) and was wondering if they are compatible?

Re: FANUC BOARD COMPATIBILITY

Afaik, you can always use a higher/later revision. The schematics will indicate what the changes are.

Just changed 04C to 06C motherboard and can't establish RS232 comms with same input parameters.
    Any ideas?

The communications for that control are on the A20B-0008-0430 CRT/PUNCHER BOARD.
    Can you communicate at all?
    Did you use the original auxiliary boards?

With the PC on send I changed the mode switch from tape to mdi and cycled the estop a few times and all of a sudden the pc started to send.
    Had the same problem again later and this sequence didn't fix the problem. Turned off control with the estop, came back an hour later and comms is working again.
    I am thinking it could be a problem with the BMU. Have a used Tulip FANRAM on its way so see if that fixes the problem.
    Leaving the machine constantly on now and having no problems.

Thought it might have been power supply spike on start up causing problems but the 5.0 volt supply has absolutely no start up spike when we look at it with a 150 MHz CRO.

Unlikely to be a BMU problem; switches and pushbuttons much more likely. Also the power supply is suspect, in spite of what you did.
    Intermittents are tricky to find.

I'm leaving the machine always powered with the estop in now. No problems yet.
    If power is lost I will connect the CRO and power on to see if there is a PSU fault when firing up from cold.
    There may be more than one fault whick compounds the fault finding difficulty.

I'll take your advice on the BMU being ok and look elsewhere for now.

Can you think of a switch or pushbutton fault (or any other problem) that would cause complete loss of control on start up (no CRT) but would allow the machine to function when powered up with . & - pressed and then come good when parameters are re-entered?

Thanks for your help so far.

If the problem comes back, check the state of inputs on the DIAGNOSTIC display.

Hi, I will appreciate your help. I have a problem with my Amada Pega with controller Fanuc 6M (Turret punch). I changed the power supply and BMU, but, I can´t resolve my problem The machine stop work with a message Error system. Sometimes is necessary format BMU. Normally this happen after of work 20 minutes. I am thinking change the motherboard, I am looking for one used card, but, my question is, should be a motherboard for Pega II Turret punch or only is necessary have the same code number (A16B-1000-0030/06C)
    Thanks for help.