584,842 active members*
4,469 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Haas Machines > Haas Mills > Spindle not starting with TSC on

Spindle not starting with TSC on

2007 VF3SS just installed a few weeks ago.....looks like inherited the previous owners problems. Ive sorted out a lot of issue and now I am trying to use the TSC. My programs are posted with the M88 command coming before the spindle speed command like it should. When the program runs it will change to the correct tool, turn on the TSC, but then it just hangs there with the TSC on.....no errors or anything. The spindle will not start. Ive installed a brand new screen filter on the pump, brand new inline 20 micron filter. The hose from the pump to the filter housing on the back of the machine does have a slight kink in it like it was stepped on or pinched.....im going to take it a hydraulics shop and have them make me a new one just as a pre-caution. Any ideas what might prevent the spindle from coming on with the TSC on?

Re: Spindle not starting with TSC on

i always start the spindle first. where does haas specify the order of spindle /coolant.
    Thanks

I actually resolved this issue, the TSC pressure switch was bad. Put in a new one and the TSC works like a charm. You are supposed to have the coolant come on first before the spindle starts....the TSC pressure switch wont even allow the spindle to go on until it reads coolant pressure. Are you running through spindle coolant as well?

yes I have tsc. I guess ive been doing it wrong. ill have to do a test. now i dont know how we post that bit of code. usally we want coolant flushing at 100% before we cut .

It depends on the software version, but on all our machines: when the control hits the M88 the spindle will be stopped, then TSC activates (then waits for pressure to build), then the spindle starts it back up to the previous RPM. I thought I recall working on somebody else's mill where the spindle wouldn't automatically start back up (but it would stop before activating TSC) but on all our other machines it'll happen automatically.

Depending on the vintage of the machine some will have a different pressure switch than others. The newer ones are a lighter switch. If your spindle is not turning when the TSC is running the the state of the switch is not changing. This is typically caused by 2 things, weak pump head or bad switch/cable. The motor rarely the problem if ever. Also I recommend when ever the head covers are off to check the rotary union (old blue style) run out. no more than 0.001" at the top.

One more thing to add to what Tlarson suggested is to go on the diagnostic screen and check and see if your low tsc switch is changing states. The cables and switch could be bad,but you traced the wire back to the plug on the I/O board you could disconnect the plug and install a jumper on the pins the the red/black wires connected to the pins. If it starts working for you at least will eliminate the I/O board and lead directly to your switch,cable is bad.