585,676 active members*
5,522 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

How many machines

Ok.

I do know my favorite aftermarket controller is the dynomotion kflop.

But I was wondering how many out there have multiple machines using the k

I presently have 3
    1. Kflop / kanalog controlling large moog analog AC drives 6x10' machine. gear reducers, rack/pinion X,Y and dual z axis
    2. Kflop dual snap amps controlling brushless ac motors 60x60" belt drive actuators x,y and dual z
    3. Converted is8000 XP Hermes Gravograph engraving machine. Used the kflop and interfaced to existing advanced motion controls amps which used pwm / directing inputs.

Like to thank Tom for all his help when needed to configure each machine over the last few years. Each had different challenges and learning curve. But work so dam well once configured.

B

Re: How many machines

I must agree!

The dynomotion stuff is great, and the service cant be beat.

I have 2 kflop/kanalog setups.

One setup is in a 3 axis milling machine with advanced motion servo amps. Rigid tapping is the best! I went far too long hand tapping. I converted this from another control system and was able to add features to the machine it did not have before.

The second machine is a scratch built lathe with pneumatic 5c closure spindle, and 9 tool rotary turret with rigid tapping of course! Just recently finished this project, and its great to finally have a cnc lathe. I dont think I could have gotten this machine project running without the versatility of the dynomotions integration of the c programming environment.

Build log for the lathe:
    http://www.cnczone.com/forums/vertic...umatic-5c.html

Thanks Tom!
    Andrew Abken
    www.drewtronics.net - PCB Cutters

Wow. Looking at your pics I'm feeing like a bit of a hack. My enclosures are not nearly as finished as yours. I often wonder how my k and analog live in the enclosure of my first machine. Things are so tight and I assume noisy in there. Yet it still works great.

One thing I learned from that build is the k functionality is limitless. So be sure to give your self plenty of space because chances are you will build and add more features to your machine. And the controls wiring Relays and
    switches are going to need to live some where.

If not you will end up like. Here is my machine. And in that box buried under all those connections is the K. Ha.

Those Jumper connection wires and headers from Poloma or adafruit are a must have for for connecting things up and being able to change things up easy as you build out.

B

Very true on the future proofing the wiring and box.

We started with only 3 axis control with the spindle manual VFD control.

We are now wired up for 4 axis motion and separate Spindle Drill and Laser functions all controlled by KmotionCNC. We never thought we would get close to maxing out the 8 ch of Kflop.

Next step is programming the automatic tool change then vacuum table zones.

Best choice we ever made was going with Dynomotion products.

I've got three machines with KFlops now.

Original machine was a Denford Cyclone Lathe, which has a KFlop and Kanalog.
    Then I built a digitising machine using a 3040 router as a base, which uses a KFlop, KStep and running closed loop with linear scales for accuracy.
    And I'm currently retrofitting a Denford Triac with a KFlop, Kanalog, and Konnect.

kn6za, that build looks good. I've just bookmarked it to have a read through when I get a chance.