584,814 active members*
5,393 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > Machine Controllers Software and Solutions > Controller & Computer Solutions > Any User Input?? - Hind Technologies / Masso HTG5A1S Controller
Page 2 of 2 12

Re: Any User Input?? - Hind Technologies / Masso HTG5A1S Controller

Anyone else using one of these? Considering it as an option for my Chinese manufactured 5'x8' router. The router came with xhc mach3 controller and it's just not performing well. This looks like a great option.

This looks like a great option.
    Read all the reviews you can find first.
    Gerry

UCCNC 2017 Screenset
    http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2017.html

Mach3 2010 Screenset
    http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2010.html

JointCAM - CNC Dovetails & Box Joints
    http://www.g-forcecnc.com/jointcam.html

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

500+ dollars will buy you a lot of industrial grade interface hardware for linuxcnc

I bought a 5 Axis Masso - and am starting to wonder if I made a good choice!

I've built a multi-purpose Plasma / Router / Milling Table. I bought the 5 Axis version so I could run a slave axis and ATC (when I get around to building it).

Today is the first time the machine is operational, as a Plasma at least. I didn't realise that you need different firmware to run a Plasma - I had assumed the most expensive version would have all the capabilities of Mill / Lathe / Plasma. Unfortunately not. None of the plasma specific stuff is present - such as THC or floating head switch. Also, you cannot configure a relay as the arc enable.

Surprisingly, nor can you configure a relay as spindle on/off or direction - you have to use a TTL output with a relay driver. The documentation (still pretty thin) only shows connection to VFDs.

I've had repeated problems with the password not working - and having to load a special password reset firmware. The password is still set as the default 'htg'. It worked fine this morning - but has just stopped again. I've loaded the password reset firmware, then the latest update again - and it's OK again for now. OK, that's not a show-stopper but it is inconvenient. I've changed the on-board battery -but it hasn't helped.

When I bought it (over a year ago, it's taken a while to build the machine), support for touch-screens was promised. It now has support, but only for 4 types of monitor, listed on their web-site. I originally wanted to use it with a Lilliput 13" Capacitive touch screen - which is very nice, perfect for a CNC. Unfortunately, it's not supported, and doesn't look like it will ever be. I bought one of the four suggested options $300 on Ali-Express - but that didn't work either. I mentioned this on their forum but the response was unsympathetic. I'm using it with the Lilliput now, without touch-screen which feels a shame. Worse still, you have to buy the touch capability as an add-on.

The 'continuous jog' doesn't work from the keyboard. You can use [shift] + jog keys to rapid the axis but each keypress just moves the axis one increment. If you click on one of the jog buttons on screen - it does jog continuously. This would be OK if the touch-screen worked - but it doesn't.

New Masso controllers ship with WiFi, which was promised from the start. To add it to mine, I have to pay another $100 or so - which feels a lot for a $5 WiFi board plus the software to make it work. It makes me wonder if I'll have to pay even more to fix the things that don't work!?

It could, and maybe will, be amazing. Unfortunately, at the moment it's not.

Attachment 420302

Page 2 of 2 12