585,585 active members*
3,658 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CNC Electronics > Leadshine > mx4660 rps4810 shunt?

mx4660 rps4810 shunt?

first off, im new. my problem started with no movement anywhere! after running a small project with no issues.
    my set up is a 4x4 cnc mx4660 driver rps48910 power 4- nema 23 570 oz. steppers
    (2 motors on Y) 3 kw spindle.
    i have replaced the mx4660 and power after burning out both. not sure how it happened.
    so im looking at a shunt regulator as this seems to be the fix i keep finding? any thouhts or suggestions on the cause or solution would be great.

Quote Originally Posted by asuratman View Post
    I use capacitors as per their manual MX4660hm.V1.1. How long do you run your machine in a day and how often ?
    before the break down it ran for 20min and probably
    another 30min on a prior piece.somedays its run just minutes,other days ive run it for 12-15hrs straight .i havent located that manual
    is it on thier site?

I use capacitors as per their manual MX4660hm.V1.1. How long do you run your machine in a day and how often ?
    what type of capacitor (uF,vdc) did you go with?
    i did find the manual and i have read conflicting views to thier capacitor selection. most suggest a higher voltage than the 60v leadshine does, some up 100v.

Re: mx4660 rps4810 shunt?

I used 2 ea 80 VDC 5000 uF. I actually want to use 100 VDC 10000 uF (bigger better) but not enough space in my box. So far have no problem running 2-3 hrs a day for about 2 weeks now, sometime more. You can check page 8 on attached pdf. For calculation, maybe you can refer to G540 instruction on Back EMF (dump energy) calculation...

There also new product from leadshine for shunt resistor as per attached...I do not know how to calc R shunt needed exactly....then I used capacitors...I do not know the price of this new stuff, you can check with Leadshine...

There also new product from leadshine for shunt resistor as per attached...I do not know how to calc R shunt needed exactly....then I used capacitors...I do not know the price of this new stuff, you can check with Leadshine...
    couldnt find that at all on leadshine site.

This product is new, its still on trial, maybe. So not in their website. You can contact them about this product...

You can also try UCCNC product, this one is for their servo purpose.BRKC-180 braking circuit - CNCdrive - webshop

You can contact them for detail product, the price Euro 24...

You can also try UCCNC product, this one is for their servo purpose.BRKC-180 braking circuit - CNCdrive - webshop

You can contact them for detail product, the price Euro 24...
    i considered this model.im thinking about going to do the capacitor route for time and cost sake at this point, unless theres a draw back to it? and will this correct estop errors?
    i think my problem was 2 fold or same thing in different form?, motor slow down emf- stop after decreasing speed at the end of a pass and shut down dissipation -popped the driver when i shut of the power right after a run, this took out my power supply also.

route

I use capacitors right now with no problem. Your E-stop switch should be NC switch, just connect to MX4660 Estop pin easily, then enable Estop in mach3...Port and Pin - Input - ...

I use ESS, do you use one? It is very nice to have one, especially for use as cnc plasma. You can have your notebook far enough from machine torch and the system as a whole is more stable.

I use capacitors right now with no problem. Your E-stop switch should be NC switch, just connect to MX4660 Estop pin easily, then enable Estop in mach3...Port and Pin - Input - ...

I use ESS, do you use one? It is very nice to have one, especially for use as cnc plasma. You can have your notebook far enough from machine torch and the system as a whole is more stable.
    no, i dont have ESS.it increases signal stablity to the mx4660 from the pc? im i understanding what an ESS is properly? i imagine anything being an improvement from a uc100

i imagine anything being an improvement from a uc100
    Most people here said better to have UCC300ETH than this UC100. I will also try the UCC300ETH in the near future. But my MX4660 now work with ESS Warp9 very well...The connection and installation was easy, but last time I got not enough documentation...

are there any other settings in mach3 that would keep the motors from running? im not exactly sure where to get the setting info for my set-up. not sure if i accidentally reset something i wasnt supposed to.

Please check :
    1. Have you installed E Stop button and configure mach3 for E Stop. Or you can short E Stop on your MX4660 ...
    2. Make sure you enable your MX4660, put Charge Pump on OFF position. Then configure your mach3, enable charge pump...

Please also check your wiring on motor. If your wiring is right, you install E Stop and enable charge pump, your motor will rotate.

MX4660 is easy driver...

Please check :
    1. Have you installed E Stop button and configure mach3 for E Stop. Or you can short E Stop on your MX4660 ...
    2. Make sure you enable your MX4660, put Charge Pump on OFF position. Then configure your mach3, enable charge pump...

Please also check your wiring on motor. If your wiring is right, you install E Stop and enable charge pump, your motor will rotate.

MX4660 is easy driver...
    estop botton is wired in and set up in mach3. although it was before, just had a jumper on the mx4660. charger pump was not on before, but now it should be?
    my problem now is the motor lights on the mx4660 flash 3 xs for the estop. can not get this to stop. im checking all the motors for a short. other than that im at a loss.

charger pump was not on before, but now it should be?
    You mean : the charge pump is on OFF position (the switch position is up), this is right. Configure mach3, enable the chargepump. Adjust switch (SW1...6) for microstep and current setting.
    If motor not running, check motor one by one connected to MX4660.

Adjust switch (SW1...6) for microstep and current setting.

i set the switches up just like they were before. not exactly sure how to set these other than that. reading more on that in the manual didnt really help

thank you asuratman, up and running again👍