584,802 active members*
4,860 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAM Software > MadCAM > Newest download of Madcam trial missing posts, tool library, machine library?
Page 1 of 2 12

Newest download of Madcam trial missing posts, tool library, machine library?

As title says, am I just missing where to look? I purchased 4.3 Madcam, but trying the newer version.

I installed it on my 64bit computer, I did download the 64bit Madcam version (completely new computer than my old setup) and I can't find the post processors, tool library or machine library.

On my old setup they were there and worked perfectly.

I'm trying to cut something tonight

Re: Newest download of Madcam trial missing posts, tool library, machine library?

I Uninstaller it, reinstalled it... now when I click on cutter, cutter tab just flashes for an instant then disappears

Re: Newest download of Madcam trial missing posts, tool library, machine library?

It seems that every once ina blue moon new users have issues with posts not showing or tools or some other such ,

Try down loading again , if that does not work look through some past threads Some of the more experienced users recently posted other fixes also, like where to go to load them.

I've tried 3 times uninstalling reinstalling. I have been right clicking on the file to delete. I didn't see an uninstall file.

Is deleting the correct way to get rid of it and try again? Second time I tried it I tried it I also restarted computer

The posts, cutters, etc. are located in C:\ProgramData\5XCNC\madCAM\5.0.

By default the ProgramData folder is hidden, so you may want to make it visible.

Also, when you first set up madCAM 5 you need to point it at this folder in the options. Take a look below (but ignore my locations. I set up a different location for defaults because I don't want mine overwritten with service releases).

Attachment 346758

It's been so long since I set up a default installation of madCAM without my customizations that I'm going from memory, but I believe you might find 3-axis, 4-axis etc. as the machine choices.

Hope this is useful,

Dan
    (Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

How do I find that folder if iit's hidden ?

OK, found out how to find hidden files

All those folders are empty. And when I atleast point to one of those folders... I close box after trying to save... I reopen. Nothing. Have to start all over... which obviously gets me nowhere. This is Windows 10

I've seen this problem before and it was a user rights problem. If you installed as a user, did you get a dialog to approve the installation as an admin? If not, try to right click the install exe and choose "Start as Admin" or whatever it says in Win 10.

I dont think it ever gave me that option. I guess I'll delete it and try again and see

Bought another laptop with Windows 7. Exact same thing. I just don't get this. All the folders are empty. I can't use the demo version at all

Did you try downloading the install file again? Maybe your original download was incomplete.
    (Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

This latest download was on a completely different computer.
    If you look in your ProgramData folders, you should be able to view what's in there... like the post processors?

When I open the post processor folder nothing is in there. All of those folders that you need are completely empty for me

Download this and add it to the 5XCNC folder. This is the original content that you are missing.

https://1drv.ms/f/s!Ai1Xi4NSj31biPFvPLeqNfyd_feVzw

I'll try that in a couple of hours. Thank you

ok, so here's whats going on. I downloaded your file Dan. Everything is in there and looks good.

When I open up settings tab in Madcam, go to machine tab... I try and grab post processor file, and it shows there's nothing in there. as soon as I click on where post should be, nothing shows up. if I open folder out of Madcam... (only in your downloaded file Dan) they are there.

I even copied just the text post to put on desktop...knowing it's just searching for a .txt file... and it won't recognize it.

there's something corrupt within Madcam that won't let program view it.

and without having a post in there it won't allow me to save any of the settings so I have to start over every time I try and get this to work

If you look in the .mch files under the machines folder you will probably see the first four lines looking like this:

Postprocessor
    ?
    Tool_Library
    ?

The first time you set up madCAM 5 you need to associate posts and cutters with the machine you picked.

This is how it is supposed to work:

Pick the machine type from the panel on the lower right:

Attachment 347812

With the machine highlighted now go to the post processor browse button and find the folder and the txt file you want to use. Do the same for the cutters. Now go up to the top and save it. You should now see the .mch file containing something like this:

Postprocessor
    C:\ProgramData\5XCNC\madCAM\5.0\Post Processors\A CNC3000.txt
    Tool_Library
    C:\ProgramData\5XCNC\madCAM\5.0\Cutters\Cutters_mm
    Axis_Mode

If that doesn't work I would be willing to remote into your system using Team Viewer to see if I can make this work for you. If you want to do that we can move this discussion over to private e-mail.

Let me know if this helps,

Dan

Maybe this is why it hasn't been intuitive to me. Nothing has ever popped up in that box.

OK popup window was hiding screen you just showed me. But, still have problem with posts. They're in my computer, but Madcam can't see them when I go to it's location.

I'd love to take you up on your offer Dan.

Page 1 of 2 12