584,800 active members*
4,632 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Haas Machines > Haas Mills > Haas VF1 power up with "2066 alarm text not found" error, can not get rid of it

Haas VF1 power up with "2066 alarm text not found" error, can not get rid of it

Attachment 347014

Unable to run the machine until clear this 2066 alarm code.
    RESET is not clear the 2066 alarm whatsoever.

tried:
    1. completed power down with main breaker off (No help)
    2. Call local HFO, unable provide any info on what the problem with 2066 alarm text not found.

Any input will be highly appreciated

Re: Haas VF1 power up with "2066 alarm text not found" error, can not get rid of it

Never seen that alarm before. Can you page up on the alarm screen to see other alarms listed in the history. There may be something related.

Any other events that recently happened, such as problem with battery backup or corrupt programs, etc.?

Re: Haas VF1 power up with "2066 alarm text not found" error, can not get rid of it

Thank You very much for the help on this issue.
    Attachment 347138Attachment 347140Attachment 347142

1. I had no issues/alarm as far as I can remember.
    2. the onboard 3V battery was replaced by HFO back in Jan, 2015. Ever since, machines works flawlessly.
    Until Yesterday, Jan 18, 2017, I get this 2066 alarm, unable to access the Machine for any works.

Here are the youtube videos, hope helps in anyway. Thank You

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l2re3frhlBc
    (youtube keyword: Haas 2066 alarm history list )

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9hXqu67BG5M&t=48s
    (Youtube keywords: Haas VF1 alarm 2066 )

email: [email protected]

Thank You

Quote Originally Posted by gangpw924 View Post
    Thank You very much for the help on this issue.
    Attachment 347138Attachment 347140Attachment 347142

1. I had no issues/alarm as far as I can remember.
    2. the onboard 3V battery was replaced by HFO back in Jan, 2015. Ever since, machines works flawlessly.
    Until Yesterday, Jan 18, 2017, I get this 2066 alarm, unable to access the Machine for any works.

Here are the youtube videos, hope helps in anyway. Thank You

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l2re3frhlBc
    (youtube keyword: Haas 2066 alarm history list )

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9hXqu67BG5M&t=48s
    (Youtube keywords: Haas VF1 alarm 2066 )

email: [email protected]

Thank You
    I can't say for certain, but I would suspect that this is a software issue. You can try to call the factory support line and see if they can confirm the cause of the alarm or not. If they agree that it is a SW issue, then ask them if your HFO will treat the service call as a warranty issue. If they will, then get a reference number to identify the call with the factory and use that if your HFO give any push back on covering the issue.

Let me know how you make out and good luck!

Quote Originally Posted by haastec View Post
    I can't say for certain, but I would suspect that this is a software issue. You can try to call the factory support line and see if they can confirm the cause of the alarm or not. If they agree that it is a SW issue, then ask them if your HFO will treat the service call as a warranty issue. If they will, then get a reference number to identify the call with the factory and use that if your HFO give any push back on covering the issue.

Let me know how you make out and good luck!
    Thank you, it is very likely something to do with the software in the control.

email/phone call with HFO this morning, they has no clue what the 2066 alarm means, so disappointed. they will dispatch service on this issue.

I will definitely follow up, as soon as HFO guy show up.

Thank you, it is very likely something to do with the software in the control.

email/phone call with HFO this morning, they has no clue what the 2066 alarm means, so disappointed. they will dispatch service on this issue.

I will definitely follow up, as soon as HFO guy show up.

Problem Solved:
    2066 alarm means "toolchanger not in the home position", called Haas factory tech support at Oxnard, CA

We did the RECOVERY toolchanger (F1), now it is all good, running as it should.

Problem Solved:
    2066 alarm means "toolchanger not in the home position", called Haas factory tech support at Oxnard, CA

So glad to hear that!
    Two Haas VF-2's, Haas HA5C, Haas HRT-9, Hardinge CHNC 1, Bother HS-300 Wire EDM, BobCAD V23, BobCAD V28

Problem Solved:

That's great, but it still sounds like there is a software error since the machine itself did not recognize the alarm code.

There is an actual software fix for this, several calls I went on had this issue. I don't know what 18.00 series software you're running but I believe it was fixed with the 18.24-18.29B software update.