585,690 active members*
4,833 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Need Help! Okada VM460

Does anyone know where to find a parameter list for an OKADA VM460 Milling Machine with a Fanuc 3M (Label says fanuc okd) Controll??? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

This may be late in the response but I would try JMC in indianapolis, Indiana. Or Joachim Machinery and ask for Don Wiggins.

Okada VM 460 Fanuc OkD

To start with I'm sorry I don't have a perameter list for the Fanuc OkD, but was wondering if you were able to locate it. If so could you please contact me. Thanks -Devon 860 763-0869

I would also be interested in an Okada parameter list if you have one available.
    Thanks
    CNC bud
    Visit my weekly CNC repair blog at cncblogcommunity.com

Does Anyone have the Okada VM460 with 3mc?

I need to find someone who has this machine, We have lost the ladder logic in the machine, and need to find an identical machine to get a copy of the program on the chips. If anyone could assist, I would appreciate it, contact me at [email protected].
    I am told its the programing stored in the chips on the controller card, there is 4 chips with machine builder specific programing on them.

cncbud, what machine or Fanuc control. I have a list of parameters for the 160i, 160mc, and 150i. These are for a GM544 and GM654 as far as the older VM460 I have a friend who could come to your shop and work his way through it. I may have talked to you when I was at Joachim Machinery in Indianapolis several years back. If I remember right there is a guy in Wisconsin at a place called Badger Barrels that had the same machine with different Fanuc controller, I think his name was Ernie. I would look him up and give him a call. If there is anything I can help with let me know.
    Jetski (alias Tooling and Engineering Czar)
    "I may not have the keys to success.. but I have learned to pick the locks"

Okada VM490

We have a Okada VM490 with control Fanuc OMB. need to change to changer position. It is not aligned with the spindle, not centered form left to the right side. Tried grid shift no luck. Anyone out there has the procedure ? What happened to Okada ?

Tool Changer Out Of Position

Haven't heard of the VM-490, even with all the searching I had to do on our VM-460. As for Okada, they went out of business a long time ago, so searching for help falls to the message boards.
    Now, I am not sure about your machine setup, but on my VM-460, the table layout, grid system, has nothing to do with the way the tool changer gets into position for a tool change. My Z-axis gets into home position, then into tool change position, and the tool changer comes out and grabs the tool, then stays in place as the head releases the tool, then moves up, tool changer rotates to new tool, and z head comes back down onto new tool, locks in place, then tool changer moves away.
    The distance our tool changer moves in and out is adjusted by the position of the changer itself on sliding bars, also there are position switch dogs, just like the over-travel switches, that tell it when it has moved far enough, or in our case, when it has fully retracted.
    Probably going to have to look into whether or not the tool changer itself has been unknowingly moved out of position, during a machine move or something.

Okada VM460 parameters

Does anyone have the list of parameters and macros for this machine. I hope everyone was able to get their machines working.
    I need the list for the Fanuc 3M.

Re: Need Help! Okada VM460

Did you ever get your Fanuc 3M-C parameters list for the Okada? I may have them.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

No. I never did. I guessed at many of them, but even after all this time there are functions that are not right. If you have them, that would be great!

I will gladly send them to you if you can help me out a little. I need to know HOW to get to all the parameters on the screen to copy them out. I read somewhere to "also get the 9000 series parameters", but I am not sure if that applies to the 3M-C.

Also if you can tell me if there are backup batteries on the servo boards or motherboard and where they are located it would be much appreciated.

I will gladly send you the parameters if you can help me out. TIA!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Just checking if you still have this machine I have one but having some electrical issues and do not have a skematic can you help out with that