585,687 active members*
4,294 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Haas Machines > Haas Mills > Haas Vector Retract function crashes the machine

Haas Vector Retract function crashes the machine

I have 3 VR11 machines. All 3 of them will not allow you to preform a proper vector retract function and move on to something else. They all go back to the place where the vector retract was started from.

Does anyone else have this problem or it is just me?

1999 VR11

2007 VR11

2012 VR8

Re: Haas Vector Retract function crashes the machine

Quote Originally Posted by tjamscad View Post
    I have 3 VR11 machines. All 3 of them will not allow you to preform a proper vector retract function and move on to something else. They all go back to the place where the vector retract was started from.

Does anyone else have this problem or it is just me?

1999 VR11

2007 VR11

2012 VR8
    What does your program look like, cut past it here
    Mactec54

I'm this is a handle jog problem. Programs run as they should.

I'm this is a handle jog problem. Programs run as they should.
    If this is what you want to do, jog away from a part and then restart, if so then the Haas can do that, this is from there web, there is a lot of information on there web site if you get stuck you can go there and look for what you want to know or ask a question

Run Stop Jog Continue

Run Stop Jog Continue (RSJC) is a control feature available on Haas mills and lathes. RSJC allows you to stop a running program, jog away from the part and then resume program execution. Once the tool is away from the part, a worn insert or broken tool can be replaced and/or a critical feature can be inspected. Then the program can be resumed.

Use caution, when the program is continued, the OLD or currently active offsets will be used for the return position and the machine will not return through the same path that you jogged away. If replacing tools, the length must be the same as the previous tool (offline tool setter recommended).

Activate Run Stop Jog Continue

To activate RSJC press FEED HOLD at a convenient stopping point in the program. Press Z, X or Y on the keypad followed by the HAND JOG key to activate the selected axis. The control will store the current X, Y, and Z positions. Axes other than X, Y, and Z cannot be jogged. "JOG AWAY" is displayed at the bottom of the screen and the control will beep, confirming RSJC is active:

Now you can use the jog handle, remote jog handle, jog, or jog-lock buttons to move away from the part. Control buttons such as AUX CLNT (TSC), or COOLNT to turn on/off the coolant (AUX CLNT requires that the spindle is not rotating and the door is closed).

The spindle can be controlled by pressing CW, CCW, Stop, and Tool Release. If necessary, tool inserts can be changed. Jog to a position as close as possible to the stored position where RSJC was activated, or to a position where there will be an unobstructed rapid path back to the stored position.

Further Instruction

Use caution when the program is continued, the old offsets will be used for the return position. Therefore, it is unsafe and not recommended to change tools and offsets when the program is interrupted.

Return to the previous mode by pressing MEM, MDI, or DNC. The control will only continue if the mode that was in effect when stopped is re-entered. Press Cycle Start. The control will display the message "Jog Return" and rapid X and Y at 5% to the position where Feed Hold was pressed and then return the Z-axis.

The control will not follow the path used to jog away. If Feed Hold is pressed during this motion, the mill axes motion will pause and display the message "Jog Return Hold". Pressing Cycle Start will cause the control to resume the Jog Return motion. When the motion is completed, the control will again go into a feed hold state. Press Cycle Start again and the program resumes normal operation.
    Mactec54

vector retract function
    You may want to explain what this is. I for one have never heard of it, and a google search comes up with exactly zero hits except this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt@RFR View Post
    You may want to explain what this is. I for one have never heard of it, and a google search comes up with exactly zero hits except this thread.
    It's a term normally only used or related to 5 axes machining a vector move is when 2 axes move simultaneous to clear a drill on an angled hole, or a tool that you want to jog clear of the part to check the part, or replace a worn tool, when done press start and the machine will go back to where it was at and continue machining
    Mactec54