585,728 active members*
4,648 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

3040 CNC router/engraver question

I just received this Chinese 4-axis machine purchased on eBay. After finding a PC that had a parallel port, I loaded Mach3 and tried to download some simple g-code to watch the servo action. I ran code to simply cut a circle, but the only action was on the servo for the 4th axis (lathe turning chuck). When I tried to use the 'jog' function in the Mach3 program I get the following action:

Using the + or - toggle in the Z axis, the table moves only in one direction in the long direction. I consider this the 'Y' axis. The - key doesn't reverse the servo. When you toggle the X axis, the turning servo with the lathe chuck rotates, but only in one direction. I consider this the 4th axis. The Y axis toggle produces no action whatever.

I ran the circle g-code and the lathe turning apparatus seemed to follow the toolpath image in Mach3.

Is this machine wired backwards. The jog buttons on the Mach3 don't seem to give me access to the 4th, or turning servo.

I'm thinking of opening up the controller box and try reversing the motor connectors on the two servos that seem to work.

I know, should have bought a US machine.

Thanks for any assistance.

Rick

Re: 3040 CNC router/engraver question

Quote Originally Posted by rmarz View Post
    I just received this Chinese 4-axis machine purchased on eBay. After finding a PC that had a parallel port, I loaded Mach3 and tried to download some simple g-code to watch the servo action. I ran code to simply cut a circle, but the only action was on the servo for the 4th axis (lathe turning chuck). When I tried to use the 'jog' function in the Mach3 program I get the following action:

Using the + or - toggle in the Z axis, the table moves only in one direction in the long direction. I consider this the 'Y' axis. The - key doesn't reverse the servo. When you toggle the X axis, the turning servo with the lathe chuck rotates, but only in one direction. I consider this the 4th axis. The Y axis toggle produces no action whatever.

I ran the circle g-code and the lathe turning apparatus seemed to follow the toolpath image in Mach3.

Is this machine wired backwards. The jog buttons on the Mach3 don't seem to give me access to the 4th, or turning servo.

I'm thinking of opening up the controller box and try reversing the motor connectors on the two servos that seem to work.

I know, should have bought a US machine.

Thanks for any assistance.

Rick
    Sounds like you have Ports and Pin not configured correct in your software Mach3, this is not your wiring, you have to configure each axes in Ports and Pins and save it each change you make

You will also have to do some Ground wiring inside the cabinet, depending on what model you have, take some photo from inside the box if you have a VFD drive then you will have to add some Ground / Earth wires
    Mactec54

Re: 3040 CNC router/engraver question

Thanks to Mactec54 and BobFord100 for input and diagram. Problem solved, all motor wiring configured and servos are working under Mach3 control. This is an awesome group for a newbie.

Rick