585,692 active members*
4,794 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CNC Electronics > Spindles / VFD > VFD interface to other equipment.
Page 7 of 7 567

Re: VFD interface to other equipment.

Quote Originally Posted by Edgardo_dv View Post
    Dear, Mactec if it is for 48 V as you indicate but here comes my confusion since I adjust to the Gencko Drive configuration that I attach here, then the doubts assail me I am only trying to use the source of the 48vdc kit ...
    I upload the echematic please your opinions.
    I did not know you had 48V available, you are confusing things way more than they have to be start with some photos of what you have

The connection for speed control VFD Drive to the G540 is very simple this is all that needs to be

G540 Pin 7= ACM VFD Connection
    G540 Pin 8= VI VFD Connection
    G540 Pin 9= 10v VFD Connection

I don't know what you have so can not advise on the Relay connection which is a simple connection also, Posting schematics that does not relate to what you have is just wasting everyone's time
    Mactec54

Hi AL, if you are correct, I had read earlier and put a diode according to the diagram, even so the relay does not activate, I am stuck, apparently the signal does not reach port 5 of my Gecko ... I am stuck.
    You have to configure the Mach3 software to activate Pin 5 need photo's of how you have wired it also you may not have this correct also
    Mactec54

Hi AL, if you are correct, I had read earlier and put a diode according to the diagram, even so the relay does not activate, I am stuck, apparently the signal does not reach port 5 of my Gecko ... I am stuck.
    If you can't activate a relay, then of course the direct connection will not work either.
    Using the direct connection output is identical to the output on a SSR.
    Al.
    CNC, Mechatronics Integration and Custom Machine Design

“Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you everywhere.”
    Albert E.

Quote Originally Posted by mactec54 View Post
    You have to configure the Mach3 software to activate Pin 5 need photo's of how you have wired it also you may not have this correct also
    Dear, I enclose the request, I must point out that all that wiring and configuration so far works ... I have already carried out milling tests activating VFD manually, the problem appeared when I wanted to configure for automatic VFD starting as it should be, this already I mentioned it before to agree on it.

Dear, I enclose the request, I must point out that all that wiring and configuration so far works ... I have already carried out milling tests activating VFD manually, the problem appeared when I wanted to configure for automatic VFD starting as it should be, this already I mentioned it before to agree on it.
    Are yes but not with 48v

The other side of the Relay connects to the VFD S1 and DCM
    Mactec54

Estimados buenos días, debo comentar lo siguiente de manera que sirva de antecedentes para personas que se encuentren con el problema que me mantuvo de cabezas bastante tiempo... haciendo memoria sobre el problema:
    Unidad Gecko DRIVE G540
    Salidas 5 y 6 NO FUNCIONAN, no se activan al enviar comandos en consola midi MIDI
    Después de realizar un sin fin de pruebas, buscar ayuda en foros y leer manuales buscando la causa de que las salidas mencionadas 5 y 6 NO funcionaran... decidí arriesgar y comprar una nueva placa base para mi unidad, espere ansiosamente que llegara a mi país, cuando llego me puse manos a la obra para reemplazar dicha tarjeta, reconecte todo... con mucha incertidumbre encendí y me fui directo a la consola MIDI para enviar los comandos correspondientes Y FUNCIONO DE INMEDIATO!!
    Conclusión: LA TARJETA ORIGINAL DE FABRICA de mi unidad G540 ESTA DEFECTUOSA!! Es por ello que nunca me funciono NUNCA!!
    Que sirva como antecedentes para futuros amigos si llegaran a darse contra la muralla tratando de solucionar el problema tal como me pasó a mí, NO siempre es falla de cableado o algún periférico que no funcione.
    Lo bueno es que con este problema aprendí bastante de la unidad G540 y Mach4 lo que es muy positivo.
    Saludos y gracias por ayudar en mi problema.

Dear good morning, I must comment the following in a way that serves as a background for people who come across the problem that kept me on my head for a long time ... remembering about the problem:
    Gecko DRIVE G540 Drive
    Outputs 5 and 6 DO NOT WORK, they are not activated when sending commands in a midi MIDI console
    After running endless tests, looking for help in forums and reading manuals looking for the cause that the mentioned outputs 5 and 6 did NOT work ... I decided to risk and buy a new motherboard for my unit, I anxiously waited for it to reach me country, when I arrived I got down to work to replace said card, reconnect everything ... with much uncertainty I turned on and went straight to the MIDI console to send the corresponding commands AND IT WORKED IMMEDIATELY !!
    Conclusion: THE ORIGINAL FACTORY CARD of my G540 unit IS DEFECTIVE !! That is why it NEVER worked for me!
    That it serves as a background for future friends if they were to hit the wall trying to solve the problem as it happened to me, it is NOT always a wiring fault or some peripheral that does not work.
    The good thing is that with this problem I learned a lot about the G540 and Mach4 unit which is very positive.
    Greetings and thanks for helping with my problem.

Page 7 of 7 567