584,837 active members*
5,677 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Daewoo/Doosan > Doosan Lynx 300 System Software Error

Doosan Lynx 300 System Software Error

Hi all,
    We have 2011 Doosan Lynx 300 with a Fanuc I-Series control that has ran fine for us over the past 5 years, that now is giving us some troubles. One of my operators sent me the attached picture, saying the machine was running fine, then just randomly "shut off". Says it has happened twice today, but by the time I get to the shop, they powered off, and powered on the machine, and are back to production. I'm not too sure about the electrical side of the machine, but I'm almost positive this isn't a good thing. Could someone help me out with this. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Re: Doosan Lynx 300 System Software Error

You are dropping out your I/O link. This happens when the 24VDC drops to a level that the I/O link communication can't handle. The same 24VDC that powers the I/O Link communications is the same 24VDC that feeds all of the inputs and outputs on the machine. The machine has either a bad input like a switch, or bad output like a solenoid, or a bad cable that feeds the input or output. Ask them if the problem always happens when the machine is in the same state. I have seen this when the X axis was moving and the 24VDC was in a cat-trak moving causing the wire to fray and touch ground intermittently bringing the whole machine to it's knees. You have a needle in a haystack. good luck.

To use a metal detector to find the needle (carrying your comparison one step further)

There are multiple 24 volt power supplies in the machine.
    They are devoted to specific things, for this very reason.

Refer to the Designation (Legend) page of the Electrical diagram for your specific machine for exact information, but I'll generalize it here:
    1L+ are N/C DC 24V
    L+ are M/C DC 24V
    SL+ are Solenoid DC24V

There may be more in your machine, or less...refer to your EXACT manual
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails DBC130c 0149 Designation.pdf  
    Doosan Service Technician
    [email protected] O:973-618-2461 M:973-803-9479

Sorry it took me this long to get back to y'all. Been busier than ever this past week. The problem may have resolved itself since it hasn't showed back up. The operator reports it only happens when he slams the door shut. I tried to replicate it but only managed to get a flicker from the screen, and caused the tool arm to drop (actually quite comical). One of the techs we had out said more than likely there was a loose connector inside the control, and to check there next time it happens.