585,761 active members*
3,989 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > Community Club House > English is a neat language

English is a neat language

I Funod tihs pterty naet...

As lnog as the frsit and lsat lteerts of the wrod are in the rhigt sopt msot ploepe can raed jlmbeud wdros wtih lttile pbreolm, but wlil gvie a selpl ccehk ftis.
    On all equipment there are 2 levers...
    Lever "A", and Lever F'in "B"

Americans -- Can you communicate effectively in English?

DSL PWR has pointed out something which is seen more often now on CNCZone. Thanks.

This post is not directed toward people from foreign countries where English is a second language, but towards those that have not learned to converse or spell in their NATIVE language which is English. This is especially true for some folk who list their location as being the USA.

So fellow citizens, take a little pride in your posts, read them before submitting them, and at least make an effort to submit a presentable post that one would not be ashamed of.

I sometimes feel embarassed reading some posts submitted by Americans whom I suspect are citizens of this country. (Although one cannot be sure these days.) It is pathetic when persons who are from a foreign country and speak and write English as a second or third language are more fluent in their posts than some Americans. Enough Said.

Jerry

That, I think, is more a function of how the brain perceive things.

Isn’t there 2 “r’s” in embarrassed?
    Robert

Cool

i am constantly ashamed.

Hi CJL5585

Just wondering, do you have any idea how many immigrants that joins this great nation every day, wouldn't their location be USA too?.

I thought that we all are here to talk and discuss CNC and related stuff, not english grammar.

Why not just show a little mutual respect and ignore the way that everyone in their own way try to join in.

CJL, I've been following your other thread on the education system. I started this thread based on an email that was sent to me a long time ago. It was just ment to show how our brains get trained to look at the big picture.

With that said, I agree that the public system in the USA is lacking. I was in Portland about 10 years ago visiting my cousin. I was in Circuit City and saw a sale on cd players, so I bought one for my sister. At the time my debit card didn't work there so I issued a cheque. With a cheque (this WAS a while ago...) they wanted to enter all of the information into the computer. So when the clerk got to the STATE field on the computer he asked me what state I was from. I said I was from Saskatchewan. I got a blank stare. So the clerk goes "But what state are you from?" After I explained that Canada dosn't have states, but has provinces, and I was from the province of Saskatchewan, in Canada, he asked me again what state I was from!!! About then a supervisor came and finished the sale. This fellow seemed to be about 20 years old and ignorant of anything out of the USA.

This was only one observation, and I feel the public system is also faltering in Canada. It seems to be very rare that a student fails a grade. The teachers seem to feel that it will hurt little Johnney's ego and other kids will make fun of him, or they are lazy and don't want to do any little extra to better the student. Once he is out of that class he becomes the next teacher's problem. This works well until Johnney gets to the real world and can't function.

When the metal hits the meat I want an employee that can function and learn in the real world, not one that thinks the world owes him a living, and feels good about himself. Don't get me wrong I don't expect perfection right out of grade 12 or a fresh tech/university grad, but I haven't been impressed in the last few years.
    On all equipment there are 2 levers...
    Lever "A", and Lever F'in "B"

Ahh! now you see, all you have to know is the technology to use... for example to convert l337 speak to English try this

Technology, such a wonderful thing hehe.

http://www.brenz.net/l337Maker.asp
    I love deadlines- I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by.

I think people got this a bit wrong, I think he meant to point out something interesting. More precisely that most people can read words like that fine, if the first and last letters are correct. This works in most languages I would think. Interesting how the brain works.

Oops, my bad... running 2 machines must have read it too quick
    I love deadlines- I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by.