Guys
This question has been asked many times before, I just spent last 3 hrs reading all the related posts that i could find.

I have a Makino SNC64 with 16i control.

on main breaker power up my xy servo drive (A06B-6096-H206) gives either 6. (six dot) or 8. (eight dot) error code
on control power up i get error 449 which agrees with the 6./8. ipm error.

if i turn main power off and on the error remains.
if i let the machine sit for 4 or 5 hrs with just the main power on,not starting the control side.
then power off and on the drive will start normally to the "-" on the led and when control power is applied machine starts and runs normally.
if i immediately turn main power off and on again it will again start normally
we have got in the habit now of leaving control on for days at a time so we don't have to wait for this "warm up" or whatever it is.

i have tried the removing uvw motor wires and problem remains, so problem is in the drive based on what i have read.

i have read a lot of posts and it always seems the solution has been to replace drive.

i am just wondering if anybody has any ideas,the machine runs and runs once started,no errors whatsoever till we power down and let it sit for a day.

on main power up i see that there is only the 24v going to the drive as the power supply does not enable till control has booted with no errors,

i am worried that there may be something other than the drive causing this error and do not want to waste thousands of dollars chasing.

we have had this problem for several months now, and it is always the same.

hopefully somebody can shed some light on this or propose more diagnostics

regards

Phil