584,817 active members*
4,757 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Raptor 30 assembly

Hi,

I just bought a raptor 30x36 and apparently George has had some sort of health issue that prevents him from responding to email and phone calls. He has my best wishes for a speedy recovery from whatever ails him, but my question to the community here is: Can anyone message me with the PDFs for assembly? He sent me a couple of pages for the z axis unit and the frame, but I'm missing at least half of the instructions to get it set up and running. I would very much appreciate any help from anyone that has one of these machines. Thanks all.

Re: Raptor 30 assembly

Anyone out there that has any of the files for set up that came with the machine and can send them my way? I'd really appreciate it. Just want to get going on it. Thanks

well, started building it anyway, most of it is pretty self explanatory I guess. I hit a snag while assembling the long axis ballscrew and it's housing. the end of the ballscrew is 0.4" in diameter and the inside diameter of the bearing for it is 0.39". Anyone run into this problem before? Or better yet, does anyone have a solution?

If you go back one page in this forum there is an entire thread with photos on Raptor machine set up. It is a few years old and I know there have likely been some changes but it may help you out.

Thanks Sparky, can't believe I missed it. I had gone back through the main forum looking for something like that. It doesn't answer all my questions and some of the image links have died, but it's still a big help. cheers!