Hi all,
Little background here. I currently run a CNC shop out here in west Texas. Started out back in 2011 not knowing what a CNC is, got good, learned setups, programing, and basic to intermediate troubleshooting. During this time I have pretty much been refereed to as the "mad scientist" since what ever they can think of, I can usually setup and run. Now while they think I'm this great machinist, I'll be the first to admit that I stumbled upon CNC machining, and still have a lot to learn.
Today I was informed by the higher ups, that if I'm interested, the company will be willing to pay to further my education in regards to CNC programing. One of them even said if it requires me to go to California or Kentucky to learn from the machine builders themselves, they would cover it. My question to y'all is, does anyone know of a school that is very good in teaching programing? We have one close out in Odessa, but last guy we sent there just made freebees for the instructors company to give away. Any help y'all can provide would be greatly appreciated.