584,800 active members*
4,574 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Hyundai Kia > Hyundai Hit 20M lathe Turret thermal alarm Siemens 840d control

Hyundai Hit 20M lathe Turret thermal alarm Siemens 840d control

My machine has thrown up a turret thermal alarm. I was starting a program that had the same tool number the turret was in yet the turret spun like it was looking for a new tool. It alarmed out with turret thermal alarm. I can spin the turret by hand. I can't get it to lock back. The machine won't do a thing with this alarm up, I can't get rid of it. I've let it cool down and tried the next day but nothing changes. Any ideas??

Re: Hyundai Hit 20M lathe Turret thermal alarm Siemens 840d control

I believe you have a Duplomatic BSA 200 turret. The Turret Thermal alarm is a generic alarm that pops up when the turret is having issues. It can lead you to believe there is a motor problem. Since you can spin it by hand,it has not locked the curvex coupling inside. You can try to get it to lock by holding in the shift button on the lower key panel while pushing the tool disc rotation button. Try this after hitting the E-stop and re-energizing. You may have to try both directions and also. There is a way to do it with the cover off if needed.
    You can contact Macoser Metal for a manual. Good luck

Thanks for the input. I tried your suggestion but it still won't work. The fellow helping me with this said he could get it to rotate when he hit the manual switches.
    He took a few covers off. What do you mean when you say there's a way to do it with the cover off? Perhaps its what he did. Are their any contacts that can tell a covers off and shut things down? Thanks again.

The turret doesn't care if the cover is on or not. If you get the manual from Macoser, it gives you instructions on how to relock the turret by manually turning the motor while holding in the index pin. Keep trying the shift button with the disc rotate button. It's finicky. I have three of these lathes and have rebuilt the turrets in them all.

I found the manual.

I can't get the turret to rotate with the disc rotate button. I'll see about getting a manual, hopefully it doesn't take long.

Fantastic! Thanks for the manual!

Unfortunately, this machine and control is new to me. It makes things even more difficult. Its only ran a few hours. On top of it all, I've had to remove the automatic tool eye to fit a larger chuck. I need to make a plate to hold it like its still in the machine or find a way to bypass it.

Quote Originally Posted by taxslave View Post
    I can't get the turret to rotate with the disc rotate button. I'll see about getting a manual, hopefully it doesn't take long.
    I posted it this morning. see above. Where are you at?

I have a guy looking at this today but he's not familiar with the machine. He's asking me if it has any electrical diagnostic programs he can run. Do you know?

Do you have any parameter lists and ladder diagrams?. Are they available in the system?

I have a list of parameters for Siemens 840D. I don't have any ladder logic for the PLC. Send me a PM with your contact info and we can discuss over the phone. I can give you helpful info much better verbally.

Thanks for your help. We couldn't have got it going without you. The previous owner removed the live tooling and didn't jump a switch that needed to be. The tool eye was also the cause of the machine shutting down after it ran a while. I had to remove it to fit the larger chuck. My repairman discovered that the previous owners had worked on the tool eye and reconnected 2 wires incorrectly. This made for a lot of alarm inconsistency. The machine would work until the tool eye decided it was time to start hunting for position for an unknown reason due to the wiring error. It may fix the bios battery's short life if I'm lucky.
    I guess this is why the machine was such a good deal. Fortunately, it was just a backup machine and didn't cost much to repair. Now I have a great machine (fingers crossed).
    I do have one more question. Is there a way to manually run the feed without having to keep your finger pressed on the switch?

Thanks again!

Glad I could help.
    There are two ways to move in X or Z axis manually.( Not in a program or MDI mode)
    If you put the "Mode Select" switch in "Jog" you can press the + or - button for either axis to move it in the desired direction. If you put the "Mode Select" switch in any of the increments listed ( .01",.001".0001") It will move with the Manual Pulse generator (handwheel) at that increment.
    Let me know if have any other questions