584,866 active members*
5,045 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

kollmorgen mach3

Hi, I have read that you can connect servomotors to mach 3, I read in the forum but I have not heard anything, I have a servostar kollmorgen 400s and I want to connect it to mach 3 by pulse address 5v, but the x5 connector that I have to use , It is for the resover, I need the configuration of the drivers, to have if someone can help me. Thank you

Re: kollmorgen mach3

Quote Originally Posted by oscar6 View Post
    Hi, I have read that you can connect servomotors to mach 3, I read in the forum but I have not heard anything, I have a servostar kollmorgen 400s and I want to connect it to mach 3 by pulse address 5v, but the x5 connector that I have to use , It is for the resover, I need the configuration of the drivers, to have if someone can help me. Thank you
    More information is needed. What is the make and model of your drives? Do you have a pdf manual you can share? If your motors have resolvers then your drives are going to need to have encoder output to the controller. Otherwise it's a no-go.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Unless your drives accept step and direction. The kollmorgen drives i have don't.

Just had a look at the servostar 400 manual. Pages 67 and 68 appear to cover what you are asking. The drive can be set up in "following" mode, whereby it can accept step and direction input, so it may do what you want. I suggest you set up a drive using the servostar software and send some 5V pulses using an Arduino to see if it works.

Thanks for the quick reply, I have seen the manual, and it says to connect to the connector x4 but in the software tells me x5 connector I do not understand, in the software I can not configure the connector x4, I have a step motor controller that gives 5 volts And it works with mach 3, it has 4 outputs 1 gnd, 2 dir, 3 pul, 4 enable, supposedly pulse and dir are positive and gnd is common I put photos have you tell me, do not configure the software but can not be very difficult. Thank youClick image for larger version. 

Name:	conectores.png 
Views:	5 
Size:	99.2 KB 
ID:	349342

another imageClick image for larger version. 

Name:	pulso.png 
Views:	4 
Size:	28.2 KB 
ID:	349344

I think that in order to "configure x4" in the Kollmorgen software you have to follow the instructions in the manual for turning on the step & direction mode. I'm not familiar with the software so I can't tell you how to do that. You will need to figure that out and then send pulses to the drive to see if it moves the motor. Disconnect it from your machine before doing that. From the manual it looks like you have the option of configuring x4 to either accept step and direction input, or output emulated encoder signals, but not both simultaneously. Have you considered a +/- 10 Volt analog controller that works with Mach3? In the long run it may be easier.

The kflop/kanalog can probably control these systems

Quote Originally Posted by chemphd View Post
    I think that in order to "configure x4" in the Kollmorgen software you have to follow the instructions in the manual for turning on the step & direction mode. I'm not familiar with the software so I can't tell you how to do that. You will need to figure that out and then send pulses to the drive to see if it moves the motor. Disconnect it from your machine before doing that. From the manual it looks like you have the option of configuring x4 to either accept step and direction input, or output emulated encoder signals, but not both simultaneously. Have you considered a +/- 10 Volt analog controller that works with Mach3? In the long run it may be easier.

good, I'm still trying to make this system work, the driver I have is an s400 is formed by a master and a slave, I have connected a step 5v control and I have configured the master and it seems to work fine. I have the problem in the slave drive , I have it configured the same as the master with all the same parameters, I also use the same cable direction pulse but the motor only turns in one direction, I have tried with several slave modules and I only get it to turn in one direction, I have also tried with two separate masters and the two masters seems to work fine, I do not know why the slave modules give me this problem, I tested them with the manufacturer's software and the motor rotates in both directions. I do not know if I have to change anything in the programming of the slave modules, I need help. Thank you

good, I'm still trying to make this system work, the driver I have is an s400 is formed by a master and a slave, I have connected a step 5v control and I have configured the master and it seems to work fine. I have the problem in the slave drive , I have it configured the same as the master with all the same parameters, I also use the same cable direction pulse but the motor only turns in one direction, I have tried with several slave modules and I only get it to turn in one direction, I have also tried with two separate masters and the two masters seems to work fine, I do not know why the slave modules give me this problem, I tested them with the manufacturer's software and the motor rotates in both directions. I do not know if I have to change anything in the programming of the slave modules, I need help. Thank yougood, I'm still trying to make this system work, the driver I have is an s400 is formed by a master and a slave, I have connected a step 5v control and I have configured the master and it seems to work fine. I have the problem in the slave drive , I have it configured the same as the master with all the same parameters, I also use the same cable direction pulse but the motor only turns in one direction, I have tried with several slave modules and I only get it to turn in one direction, I have also tried with two separate masters and the two masters seems to work fine, I do not know why the slave modules give me this problem, I tested them with the manufacturer's software and the motor rotates in both directions. I do not know if I have to change anything in the programming of the slave modules, I need help. Thank you