585,758 active members*
4,369 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Fadal > spindle will not stop fadal 4020

spindle will not stop fadal 4020

We ran program 05838 spindle break in. What happened was it went from a 1000 rpm to 7000 rpm no problem When it went to a higher rpm it gave us a spindle will not stop alarm. We noticed that the motor trembles especially at low speeds. If we run a normal program at 1500rpm it runs normal. We also noticed the overload percentage light peaks to the red and the first 4 led´s stay on even though the machine isn´t machining anything. Any suggestions?

Choppermex--
    Line 14 calls for an M5 to stop the spindle and then on line 16 it calls for the S7000 M3. If the spindle did not come to zero velocity before line 16, this error will occur. I see two possiblities. One is that the Regen circuit is not stopping the spindle properly or two a samll dwell needs to be inserted ahead of block 16 to allow time to stop the spindle completely.

Neal

thanks

I´ll try it out and let you know what happens.thanks a lot.

spindle still won´t stop

Sorry for not getting back sooner, been finishing up some other stuff,
    It´s the Baldor that is acting up. do you think it´s something we can fix here or should we send it over there to get repaired. We think what happened is it got wet and somebody turned it on without knowing. The motor began to shake and they turned it off. After a while we then turned it on and on low speeds it works fine but on high speeds the spindle won´t stop. We tried slowing it down with the program but it´s the same thing. Any suggestions will be appreciated.

Re: spindle still won´t stop

try autotuning the motor with the baldor driver,put a 60 hz frequency and let syncronyce themself
    can be the regenerative resistor too...good look

Re: spindle will not stop fadal 4020

Check the belts. Check the tensioners and the air / oil circuit. Check there is no grime in the belts and pulley. You'll have to pull the guard.

Here's a thought. MDI and turn the spindle on. Get it as fast as you can then use the manual "Spindle on" "Spindle Off" button (hold shift and hit spindle on to turn on after the MDI M3 command.) See if it still does it. Then do the same thing and once you get as many RPMS hit the estop. It should stop immediately. That would at least let you know if it's a mechanical issue (belt slipping completely off).

Oh. An easier way to go to MDI enter in M19 (lock spindle) and see if you can rotate the spindle by hand.

Not sure about any issues that would be in the drive. That doesn't explain the motor.

Re: spindle will not stop fadal 4020

and i did everyting....now mi fail is:C AXIS FAULT,error #9,spindle fault line,do you know someting abaut it?
    i appreciate your aid..thanks again

Quote Originally Posted by leorme View Post
    and i did everyting....now mi fail is:C AXIS FAULT,error #9,spindle fault line,do you know someting abaut it?
    i appreciate your aid..thanks again
    On the Molex plugged into the drive pin #5 to ground should be putting out 10-24 VDC... This is the signal from the drive saying it is ok. If it is low you have an inverter issue. I am willing to bet you shorted something out when it was wet and you turned it on...