585,589 active members*
2,923 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Thread: Chiller

Chiller

Hi all. The cw300 chiller advert says it will cope with up to 80w is this actually true or are they dreaming and anything bigger than 60w needs a bigger chiller . Thanks Again

Re: Chiller

I do not believe that a CW3000 is a good investment. It is just a radiator and fan so it can't cool any lower than ambient temperature. If your are going to invest in a chiller, wait until you can afford a bit more for a CW5000. Quality 80W tube makers require a CW5000 or better for warranty. 3000 won't qualify.

My 80W shipped with the pump to use with a water bucket even though it was not warranty compliant for my EFR tube. While waiting for an exchange of my damaged first cw5000, I tried the pump+bucket or water+frozen jugs of water. During the cooler months here in the USA I probably would have been OK but at the end of a long hot summer I was going through ice faster than I could freeze it. A lot will depend on your UK location's weather, how often you use it and how long your sessions last. I am glad I bit the bullet and invested in the cw5000. It is ready to go as soon as my laser boots up and it monitors the water better than I have time to do correctly.

Make sure you are getting a genuine S&A chiller. Lots of fakes out there. I know your are in the UK, but in the end for me here in the USA, ordering direct from China was better than ordering from a seller with units stored in California. It was cheaper, arrived in less time via air freight and wasn't damaged by UPS like the California unit I initially bought.
    "80 Watt” 700mm x 500mm Ke Hui 7050 Laser (Similar to the Red Sail)

As already mentioned, the CW 3000 is not a proper chiller with a fridge compressor. You might as well just buy a cheap replacement car radiator on Ebay and stick a bunch of PSU fans onto it. That is actually what I use but I live in a cold climate where the temp outside never goes much above 16C.

A proper chiller would be better for where you live though.

Quote Originally Posted by epilotdk View Post
    As already mentioned, the CW 3000 is not a proper chiller with a fridge compressor. You might as well just buy a cheap replacement car radiator on Ebay and stick a bunch of PSU fans onto it. That is actually what I use but I live in a cold climate where the temp outside never goes much above 16C.

A proper chiller would be better for where you live though.
    Thanks for your messages where exactly did you order them from and how long did it take to come . Regards Neil

Hello,
    i have seen this thread and i wanted to ask what would be the best temperature of cooling water on Reci w2 laser tube is writen 10 - 40C on STP is:
    "To maintain the good performance of laser tube, keep the cooling water temperature between 20-25 °C."
    I am using 50Lbarrel and my laser is in bassement where in summer temperature never excides 22C now in winter temperature is 12C i have hokked arduino to flow sensor as there is written that it needs 2-5L per min and thermistor in barrel. i have installed after laser tube car heat core with two big pc coolers on it and my water in summer never goes over 22 or 23 somethimes i have hoked arduino on emergency switch on laser controler and have set it to 25C max and 4L lowest flow and if there is something whrong arduino sends shut down signal to machine...
    This is a lot of job and i was thinking if it would be better with some cw5000?
    And i am worried if there is something like lowest temperature for tube if tube is glass and heated on one side and on another cooled if there is some chritical LOW temp of watter which would crack the tube?
    I am sorry for jumping in theme
    thank you

I forgot to ask and i now i would sound cheap but i must ask...
    First of all my machine is old which i have repaired to working condition and i have no experience with laser i have boght it for hobby use but not much for use as for repairing it...
    And with machine i have cw5000 which is used and i think is leaking so i decided not to use it....
    i have looked on ebay to find new one,,,,not found one yet...
    but they have a little reservoar around 6-9L...
    and my question now is about running cost
    if average kwh price is around 18c and cw5000 uses around kwh
    in 10 hours it will be 1.80$ in 30 days would be 54$ in 10 months would be 540$ and that would be arroun 3000hours about half life of tube?
    How stable is cw5000 when working can it keep stable temperature ? (got it but newer use it?)

"Thanks for your messages where exactly did you order them from and how long did it take to come . Regards Neil"

they are ex stock in nottingham

https://shop.justaddsharks.co.uk/col...-water-chiller

Dave

Quote Originally Posted by maracv View Post
    I forgot to ask and i now i would sound cheap but i must ask...
    First of all my machine is old which i have repaired to working condition and i have no experience with laser i have boght it for hobby use but not much for use as for repairing it...
    And with machine i have cw5000 which is used and i think is leaking so i decided not to use it....
    i have looked on ebay to find new one,,,,not found one yet...
    but they have a little reservoar around 6-9L...
    and my question now is about running cost
    if average kwh price is around 18c and cw5000 uses around kwh
    in 10 hours it will be 1.80$ in 30 days would be 54$ in 10 months would be 540$ and that would be arroun 3000hours about half life of tube?
    How stable is cw5000 when working can it keep stable temperature ? (got it but newer use it?)
    the unit will only use 1 kwh when the chiller itself is running whilst it is just the pump it will a lot less
    my cw 4000 cut in about 6 times an hour for about 90 seconds if the 5000 is similar that would mean divideing your figures by around 6 thus 3 cents and hour
    dave