584,800 active members*
4,722 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Tormach Personal CNC Mill > Whats going on with the TORMACH warehouse?
Page 2 of 6 1234

Re: Whats going on with the TORMACH warehouse?

It is OK, I just saw the message posted on their front page about the delays.Just wish they had been a little more informative to people, but who knows what they are dealing with. Pretty much, never hear bad things about them or the way they do their business so I will give them some breathing room.

The main reason I want to be updated is more to be ready for it. I need to get a few friends so I have to get this thing planned out. I have the garage all wired and ready to go. I am pretty handy setting up machinery, I am used to buying mills and lathes that need full rebuilds to get going so it is going to be a treat to get something new. I already have a full set of holders and a ton of tooling. I need it ASAP, I have more work than it can handle, really. I will be upgrading to something like a Speedio pretty soon but for now, I need this thing in my garage.

Regardless of the message on the front page, when they answer an email I've sent asking when my order from last week will ship (you know, because I paid for fast shipping service only to wait several days without response) and in their answer commit to not only shipping the order TODAY but following up with the tracking information...I expect them to.

They didn't.

WW

Quote Originally Posted by wildwhl View Post
    Regardless of the message on the front page, when they answer an email I've sent asking when my order from last week will ship (you know, because I paid for fast shipping service only to wait several days without response) and in their answer commit to not only shipping the order TODAY but following up with the tracking information...I expect them to.

They didn't.

WW
    I hear ya man. At least these sort of problems seem to be rare for this company. I hope they resolve your issue soon and maybe even offer something for your inconvenience. I

Quote Originally Posted by wildwhl View Post

They didn't.

WW
    My experience with Tormach has never been known for fast order process or cheap shipping. I'm use to it and if I want it faster then a amazon vendor gets the business. They did get my first cancel order a couple weeks ago because they told me it takes a couple weeks to get the email for g-wizard to be able to download a program when that should have taken anywhere from 5 minutes to 1 day to process. No big deal 5 minutes after I canceled that part of a order, I had hsmadvisor purchased and running on my computer. Funny I could get a 5c collet block set in the mail faster then a simple software program in today's computer driven world.

I believe I read they farmed out warehousing and shipping.

We are in the dark here and it is worrying. .. we are concerned.. and left to speculate.

I wish Tormach management could better communicate with us what is going on

Lets hope it will settle down soon.

Keen

Quote Originally Posted by mrquacker View Post
    I was told that they are outsourcing shipping to a 3rd party fulfillment service.

Unlike you guys, they messed up in the other direction with me. They shipped me my order twice :/
    My guess is that they are shipping their machines from a bonded warehouse at the port of entry. In that way, they save the cost of transportation from the port to their own warehouse, stocking and then the labor of re-shipping to customers. They probably save quite a bit on costs, but the downside is that the guys at the bonded warehouse have no idea what is in those crates and boxes, and mistakes will be made. Worse, is that there will be no inspection of the goods at all by the Tormach people beyond the China factory. You guys receiving goods in the near future may find that they have been shipped from an address somewhere on the west coast.

I'm really trying to stay as positive as I can with Tormach right now, because I fully understand growing pains.

It isn't the slow shipping that's a bother - it's the missed expectations. What I mean by that, is don't tell is it will ship, or has shipped, if it won't or hasn't (for example).

The communication, which in the past has always been quite good for me, has gone right in the toilet (and as I mentioned before, this is ongoing from before the 1st of the year). I still have 3 emails regarding PathPilot issues that have gone unanswered. These were all initiated in November or so of 2016.

I, too, hope they pull it back together. I do regret for their sake that when people ask how my experience is (now, in the past, or in the future) I can only be honest and share as accurately as possible. It's only fair to the potential new Tormach owner/client/colleague etc.

I did finally receive tracking information yesterday. Let's see if the part arrives and is correct now.

WW

The FogBuster unit I ordered last week did arrive yesterday, so that's good.

Looking at Tormach's website under job openings, I can only hope all those positions are additions to staff to help with the growth vs loss of employees......
    The Body Armor Dude - Andrew

You guys receiving goods in the near future may find that they have been shipped from an address somewhere on the west coast.
    My 770 was shipped from their Las Vegas warehouse back in November of 2013.

Been waiting for 2+ weeks on an order with 4 parts to ship... pretty sad!

According to a local article from last year, they were already facing space crunches in their new 2013-built location. Not sure what's up now though.

-Mike

Well, I just saw an email saying the machine and stand are coming in two crates and will be here in the morning, so that is great. Plus the rest of the stuff was sent next day air so it would be here together. All in all, this was not too bad at all. I saw that they were having delays from when I placed this order, and I was expecting it. Now I have to get up early and go rent a pallet jack and an engine hoist in the morning. Wish me luck.

Quote Originally Posted by eltejano View Post
    Well, I just saw an email saying the machine and stand are coming in two crates and will be here in the morning, so that is great. Plus the rest of the stuff was sent next day air so it would be here together. All in all, this was not too bad at all. I saw that they were having delays from when I placed this order, and I was expecting it. Now I have to get up early and go rent a pallet jack and an engine hoist in the morning. Wish me luck.
    Good to hear - If prices are similar to NZ it was almost as cheap to buy that kit - I park the pallet jack under the machine, its out the way and handy for when I want to shift it.

Cheers

I placed an order last week and after 4 days I emailed Tormach. Meghan replied in less than 30 minutes and apologized it hadn't shipped. I needed the order for a job and the delay forced me to cancel and source the tooling locally. I placed a second order on February 18th. It still hasn't shipped. By the time I get the parts the parts run will be done. Just a Shear Hog and relay contactor for a upgraded pump.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The relay is upgradable? I've been running a 1/6 hp pump b/c of Tormach's limit and would have upgraded it long ago had I known it existed. I must admit I have a difficult time navigating Tormach's website.

Quote Originally Posted by jttoner View Post
    The relay is upgradable? I've been running a 1/6 hp pump b/c of Tormach's limit and would have upgraded it long ago had I known it existed. I must admit I have a difficult time navigating Tormach's website.
    Yes, search for Tormach contactor. It allows control of pumps or other devices and is rated for 25 Amps.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

YAY!!! My PathPilot upgrade FINALLY arrived today, after waiting 2 weeks.
    I know, I know, only 2 weeks. But I'm impatient.
    After I finish a job this morning, I'll be tearing into it, and upgrading to PathPilot.
    YIPPIE!!

Quote Originally Posted by RussMachine View Post
    After I finish a job this morning, I'll be tearing into it, and upgrading to PathPilot.
    YIPPIE!!
    You will love Path Pilot and it will take you all of 5 minutes to get the hang of it. I was surprised how differently the machine sounded when they switched to it on the 1100 I have been using.

Quote Originally Posted by RussMachine View Post
    YIPPIE!!
    so that means you may get a tracking number for it later today... or maybe tomorrow...
    fwiw, I really like PP...
    just so much better in every way...
    NOTE:As one wise professional something once stated, I am ignorant & childish, with a mindset comparable to 9/11 troofers and wackjob conspiracy theorists.

Page 2 of 6 1234