585,974 active members*
4,381 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Dave Schell username SeaSchell ripped me off!

I sent prototypes for two products to this person back in November. I was basically told "we're working on it" for a month and now he refuses to answer emails.

This is my 2nd case of being lied to or scammed on here. I've really lost faith in doing business with companies that are not local.

sfr, maybe you ought to insist on at least half the money before you even take the job. Its very risky financially to do business online.

Well find out if you can file a mechanic's lien against the person. Do you have receipts, work order, etc. Do you know where this person resides/works?

I don't do business with anyone I haven't met in person and shook their hand.

I know all my customers and sub- contractors on a first name basis (well, apart from low value consumables). Some of my sub- contractors I've been dealing with for over 20 years.

I never get ripped off
    I love deadlines- I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by.

never say 'never'
    if i dont know the guy, i take PayPal or Visa up front... they can mail me a cheque, but i dont start looking at the work until i get confirmation of payment... i have been bit before.. it is too bad that a rotten apple can spoil the basket so fast. Community like this, i think, is a really great idea and handy BUT...

unfortunately, on the other side.. people wanting something done might have sent their money in to get nothing in return before...

it can be a (nuts) either way... i have had a couple of good experiences here, but the last one was 'trying', since then, for a couple of years now, i have refrained.

good luck...

Dave Schell username SeaSchell ripped me off

maybe there should be a set date for this IE once ever like 3 months u can make a thread and anyone that wants a name change should reply then at a set time of that day ya run the updates...at least this way people will be happy? and people will know whats going on?

I feel sorry for you and hope that I'm never in your shoes. I mainly do work for people that I know and the majority of work I do is for big business/corporations. For little jobs for the normal person I'll call them I require full payment upfront before I even touch a job, but when dealing with large companies/corporations I've faced many time waiting up to 6-9 months for payment. It really sucks, but I've always been payed. That also goes for how I do business, I always treat my costummers how I wish I would always be treated. If I quote a job with a certain grade of quallity, time, and price that is what they will get. Lately I have been getting some work on-line and very much so appreciate the trust that is taken in me to fullfill my duty of pleasing my costummer, please don't completely lose faith in all of us. Sure there are ba$stards who will screw you over, but just like some have said you can always use pay-pal or credit card, I would'nt recommend credit card at really at all, but highly do recommend pay-pal. The only problem with pay-pal is really for the one that is selling the product, because they get a little charge and can only withdraw $500.00 from their account per month, unless you get a upgraded account I beleive which always costs more. I don't know what your part your looking to have made, but if I can help you out I will. Don't lose faith though and allways do your best at covering your own back. Just like shipping I read on here somebody received a package that was poarley packaged and had a pain getting their money back through insurance. I always package everything with up-most care because that's what I expect when I do business with someone. Treat others how you want to be treated is my moto that I live by and I've done pretty good by it.

Jim at Universal Precision Machine

Quote Originally Posted by sfr View Post
    I sent prototypes for two products to this person back in November. I was basically told "we're working on it" for a month and now he refuses to answer emails.

This is my 2nd case of being lied to or scammed on here. I've really lost faith in doing business with companies that are not local.