585,715 active members*
4,459 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Experience with Chinese Lasers

Iam interested in starting a laser engraving business and have beenobserving, studying and learning as much as possible without verymuch actual “hand's on” experience”. Mostly I'll be workingwith anodized aluminum, soft woods and leather. Balancingspeed/power/cost I've decided I'll be fine with a 40 – 60 wattmachine. Machines sold in the U.S. specifically Epilog and Universalare pricey, Trotec is even pricier and Gravograft is ballistic.Therefore I'm looking at “Chinese” machines and finding numerousnightmare posts but very few (none actually) stating “I have a(brand) chinese machine and it's been working fine since I got it”.So, I'm looking for honest feedback about your chinese machine, easeof tech support if you've needed it, speed of delivery etc etc. Ithoroughly expect to see a few “I had issues with the software, butI'm not a geek” which is understandable. Software support fromoverseas is challenging at best and from the big companies reallycrappy from my personal experience.

I'mafter brand and model, especially if you haven't had any majorissues. I've been in contact with Thunder, G.Weikeand a few others.

Thanksfor your feedback.

Re: Experience with Chinese Lasers

I have a Novakon/Bodor laser, I give it a five star rating. It is a super machine available at a reasonable price with US support. Novakon is located in North Carolina.

CNC Laser Cutter | Laser Engraving Machines | Novakon

http://www.cnczone.com/forums/novako...er-cutter.html

http://www.cnczone.com/forums/novako...red-today.html

I also have had a Novakon Torus PRO CNC mill for over six years. Novakon's service and support has been outstanding.

Ray Fine is another one that gets good reviews if you want to import directly yourself.

Boss and Rabbit USA are decent USA based resellers of Chinese machines similar to what Novakon offers.
    "80 Watt” 700mm x 500mm Ke Hui 7050 Laser (Similar to the Red Sail)

Novakon has been in the CNC business for many years. We have an office in China and we inspect all of our equipment before it is shipped from China. This is also true now for the lasers we brought for our equipment line. I can assure you that there at many unforeseen problems with direct shipments that you would not believe. Warranty is the first problem for most, followed by unexpected shipping costs, duties and unexpected paperwork. I almost guarantee your warranty will be just about expired before you get your laser from factory direct sellers. Access to the factory is another problem. You will find that many direct channels will forget all about you once you buy. We have shipping channels for the equipment we stock for our shop in Winston Salem, North Carolina. The BODOR brand we represent is the top manufacturer from our research and with our factory visits. We don't carry or represent all of the laser models BODOR manufactures but instead chose a laser model that should suit many customers in price and capability.

If you are interested in a laser that is of quality and is fully supported, then give us a call or send myself an email, I would be happy to discuss this more in depth. My email is [email protected].

Novakon.net

Regards,
    John

Hi Every one !

dear China really have osme better comapny, also some not good.

before you buy a mahcines ,need to knwo more news of the company;s reputation and other news. this is better for your further buying.

Quiven from GWEIKE laser
    [email protected]