584,837 active members*
5,406 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CNC Plasma, EDM / Waterjet Machines > Torchmate > Older torchmate driver software question 401a

Hybrid View

Older torchmate driver software question 401a

Hello all I am currently running an old TM 1 table with version 5 cad and 1.6 driver software. Talked to TM tech support about upgrading software with my 401a signal generator. One guy told me some can be upgraded to version 2 and some can not. Another guy told me none can because they are not usb type generators like the 501a. On the website it says if you are running a 401a signal generator and version 1 software, version 2 software may be a purchased upgrade. Not sure what to believe but I would like to find out the correct answer here. TM support wants to sell me a 501a generator and version 4 software for 2 grand of course. Not worth it to me. Any old school guys out there have an answer for me?

Thanks,
    -Dan

TM 1 4x8 with Hypertherm Powermax 800

Re: Older torchmate driver software question 401a

i have 4x4 with v2.01 and 401a, its not that great, if v1 is worse i feel bad for you. i do all editing in other programs and then import to tm.

Quote Originally Posted by stompjrkz400 View Post
    i have 4x4 with v2.01 and 401a, its not that great, if v1 is worse i feel bad for you. i do all editing in other programs and then import to tm.
    I have since purchased a newer 401a generator and run version 2.20. Much better than version 1. Next will be to buy a FlashCut CNC 501a generator for 1000 bucks and run version 4. Old stuff but the machine works and makes me money

Quote Originally Posted by kitch940 View Post
    I have since purchased a newer 401a generator and run version 2.20. Much better than version 1. Next will be to buy a FlashCut CNC 501a generator for 1000 bucks and run version 4. Old stuff but the machine works and makes me money
    You're still using the red screen height controller? Im looking at removing mine and wiring in an after-market height control. Specifically the Neuron simplicity is what im looking at.

If you buy the flashcut 501 don't you still have to pay for the software upgrade?

Sorry I didnt see your post until now. I still am running a red screen height control but I dont really like it for what I do (mostly intricate art pieces from thin material). I have an older proximity height control that worked better so I think I am going to put that back on and part with the red screen. You can purchase a used 501a usb signal generator either a TM unit or flashcut (flashcut made them for tm) and you can download the driver software right from TM's website for free or even flashcut I believe.

-Dan

Quote Originally Posted by kitch940 View Post
    Sorry I didnt see your post until now. I still am running a red screen height control but I dont really like it for what I do (mostly intricate art pieces from thin material). I have an older proximity height control that worked better so I think I am going to put that back on and part with the red screen. You can purchase a used 501a usb signal generator either a TM unit or flashcut (flashcut made them for tm) and you can download the driver software right from TM's website for free or even flashcut I believe. -Dan
    dan, what this proximity height control? i do detailed signed 10gauge to 22gauge, and the height controller does work for me at all. i'm looking for a stand alone solution. send me an email dccreations17 at gmail.com

Quote Originally Posted by stompjrkz400 View Post
    dan, what this proximity height control? i do detailed signed 10gauge to 22gauge, and the height controller does work for me at all. i'm looking for a stand alone solution. send me an email dccreations17 at gmail.com
    I sent you an e mail. Mine is [email protected]