584,846 active members*
4,532 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Free NC simulation Software

Dear all,
    I am looking for a CNC simulation software which can Simulate toolpath for Fanuc, siemens, Heidenhain etc. if it is free it is more preferable...
    i've tried CNC simulator, but it only takes ISO codes..
    Thanks in advance
    Thiru...

hi all. i'm having the same problem... hope you can help

CNC, Mechatronics Integration and Custom Machine Design

“Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you everywhere.”
    Albert E.

I'm looking for an alternative to CNCez the simple dos software that came with the cnc workshop books. I dont need machine simulation just a simple 3d simulation of the code. I'm teaching a class on CNC G-Code programing and I would like the students to be able to see what the part would look like. I was going to use www.cncsimulator.com it seams however the site is down and now unsupported. Any suggestions?

It must be temporarily down, I will keep checking it.
    Al.
    CNC, Mechatronics Integration and Custom Machine Design

“Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you everywhere.”
    Albert E.

Thank You, I hope its down only temp. I like the mill part I dont care for the lathe however, it doesnt perfrom the way I would like to teach no G71 for fast material removal with a profile style codeing only point to point which is way to code intensive.

G-Wizard Editor is free in beta:

GWizardE: A Machinist's CNC G-Code Editor

Cheers,

BW
    Try G-Wizard Machinist's Calculator for free:
    http://www.cnccookbook.com/CCGWizard.html

I use WPCView very often. It backplots 3 axis Milling Code (Several flavours of G-code- Fanuc, Heidenhien, etc.), and even better- 3-5 axis aptsource code- also many different flavours (Catia, Unigraphics, etc.). It builds cutters automatically, and you can import an STL model, to watch the toolpath run over.

Best part- registration is free.

Quote Originally Posted by Greekgod1820 View Post
    I'm looking for an alternative to CNCez the simple dos software that came with the cnc workshop books. I dont need machine simulation just a simple 3d simulation of the code. I'm teaching a class on CNC G-Code programing and I would like the students to be able to see what the part would look like. I was going to use CncSimulator.com it seams however the site is down and now unsupported. Any suggestions?
    I downloaded www.cncsimulator this week and they are very much in business. It seems to be fully featured and is free. I downloaded from the auxilary site and had trouble getting the second (petrol) file to download. The cncsimulator forum site e-mailed me the file and hopefully got the internet one debugged.
    Select your file from the file/open menu. Just set the tool, stock size, and zero point in the simulator menu then click on the box with arrow icon. I also set the crash check and code check to on in the settings menu. To do this click settings/login. Then click settings/simulation settings and click the boxes.
    The program runs 90 days before reloading the petrol file on their site. Kind of fun to watch and gave me a real appreciation for how efficient the G-code files produced by meshcam are done. I am running code for complex surfaces to make rotary engine side housings which would be impossible to code by hand.The code is approximately 270,000 lines and runs in about twenty minutes with an estimated machining time of 16 hours.
    wizzardworks

CNCSimulator

I found CNCSimulator along with the tutorial from Magnitude Engineering to be a good way to learn the basics of Gcode programming but this petrol file nonsence that CNCSImulator puts you through is an abomination. You have to register to use it but they don't send you the verification email so you can't log in. If you try to register again it says your ID and Password have already been used. I never did manage to get a petrol file. Why any company would generate so much good will by providing nice software for free then destroy it all with this stupid petrol bull**** is beyond me.

For anyone else in this situation I recommend uninstalling cncsimulator when you get the petrol message and downloading a new copy, it's quicker.