585,906 active members*
3,834 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Need Help with a CNC 6040z please

Hello all,

I'm new to the CNC 6040z and having some difficulties; any help will be greatly appreciated....

On the Z axis when I use Mach3 to toggle up or down works perfectly. Also, when I use page up or page down works flawlessly.
    The problem is when I run the "roadrunner" GCode or any matter of fact.... the Z axis seems to be going up instead of down or vice versa.
    I've been trying to figure this issue on my own for the pat three days. Very frustrated now lol

Anyways, thanking you in advance for your help...

Gerry

Hello

My name is Matt and I live in los angeles

I can help you to starup your machine and configure your mach3
    Software.

Please contact me to this email and explain more about your problem.

[email protected]

I'm new to the CNC 6040z and having some difficulties; any help will be greatly appreciated....

On the Z axis when I use Mach3 to toggle up or down works perfectly. Also, when I use page up or page down works flawlessly.
    The problem is when I run the "roadrunner" GCode or any matter of fact.... the Z axis seems to be going up instead of down or vice versa.
    I've been trying to figure this issue on my own for the pat three days. Very frustrated now lol

Gerry[/QUOTE]

Re: Need Help with a CNC 6040z please

You can reverse the Z axis in Mach3 by going to Config/ports and pins/motor outputs and changing the direction bit from a red X to a green checkmark, or vice-versa. You can also reverse it in Config/Homing Limits, but don't do both, or you're back where you started...
    Andrew Werby
    Website

Quote Originally Posted by awerby View Post
    You can reverse the Z axis in Mach3 by going to Config/ports and pins/motor outputs and changing the direction bit from a red X to a green checkmark, or vice-versa. You can also reverse it in Config/Homing Limits, but don't do both, or you're back where you started...
    Thank you for your quick reply... by changing the direction it does work somewhat. The concern I have doing so; my page up on the keyboard now would go down. I would think if my current configuration works with page up and down, would be more of a problem I can't identify. Meaning if Mach 3 toggle works with my current setting but then I run gcode and does the opposite? Is that typical?

Quote Originally Posted by majami View Post
    Hello

My name is Matt and I live in los angeles

I can help you to starup your machine and configure your mach3
    Software.

Please contact me to this email and explain more about your problem.

[email protected]

Thank you Matt I will for sure. Greatly appreciated!

Gerry
    [/QUOTE]

Re: Need Help with a CNC 6040z please

Since you reversed the direction of your motor, the keystroke that made it go up now makes it go down. So now you have to fix that. Go into Config/ system hotkeys, double-click on the Z++, hit the Page Up key and it should change the number in the box. Do the same thing for Z-- and you're done.
    Andrew Werby
    Website