Has anyone had trouble getting the Lovejoy couples to line up?
I've got everything straight as far as motor mounting to lead screw alignment but the problem seems to be when i tighten the setscrew on the lovejoy couple to my 1/2 inch leadscrew it will either cock slightly sideways or move the screw alignment slightly off center. I'm coupling from 200oz steppers that i got with my Hobbycnc kit and the 1/4 inch couples seem to snug up onto the 1/4 inch shafts of the motors without causing the offset problem. The lead screws are 1/2 inch allthread and are pretty snug going into the 1/2 inch Lovejoy couple but i can't seem to get them to stay straight after tightening the setscrew. Ive tried to grind a flat on the area of the leadscrew where the setscrew will engage but still seem to be getting about 1/16 to 1/8 of an inch of endplay once the spider is inserted. The end result is that the motors will stall after a partial revolution because of the offset. At this point i'm open to any suggestions because i'm really ready to see this whole thing start making some chips.

Thanks,

Scott