585,665 active members*
3,102 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > Machine Controllers Software and Solutions > Mach Software (ArtSoft software) > Y Axis + Slave not running together when running G-Code

Y Axis + Slave not running together when running G-Code

Hi there,

I'm a CNC Noob. Just built my first CNC Router and I'm running Mach3.

I've set up my A axis to be the slave of the Y axis as I have a dual motor drive. I've used the Soft Limits screen to set the A axis in reverse, and set the Home slave axis with master option.

When jogging with up/down keys, both motors run with one another in the correct direction. However, when I run a basic G-Code program (The Open Source Hardware logo converted with DXF 2 GCODE software) although on the first linear movement command it seems to run fine (though I cannot be sure it does, just an observation), when I see G2 arc commands being executed, the axes do not move together, and there is a clicking from my motors as they fail to move.

Does anybody know what the cause of this issue is?

Re: Y Axis + Slave not running together when running G-Code

Hi Fierra
    Did you find the solution of your problem with A slave axis? I faced the same problem and I didn't find any solution ?! if you found the solution, I really appreciate to save me. THX

Re: Y Axis + Slave not running together when running G-Code

Quote Originally Posted by mcncm View Post
    Hi Fierra
    Did you find the solution of your problem with A slave axis? I faced the same problem and I didn't find any solution ?! if you found the solution, I really appreciate to save me. THX
    Hey mcncm, I did find the solution! First I was sure in the homing/limits to set A axis in reverse direction to Y axis, with 'home slave axis with master' set in general settings.

I still found that G-code execution caused the axes drivers to run in opposite directions though so I broke it down and ran the g-code in order to see what was happening. What I found was that I had left an output enabled that should not have been enabled. One that was being used by Mach3 to control the spindle, even though it wasn't connected to anything. When I went into my inputs/outputs options this output option, my axes moved in the same direction.