584,800 active members*
4,854 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAM Software > Surfcam > 4-axis post for FANUC 301 MF control on Hwacheon Vesta 1000

4-axis post for FANUC 301 MF control on Hwacheon Vesta 1000

Hello All,

I see a lot of requests on this forum for post processor help, so I'll toss mine out there as well. I did a search for my specific machine to begin with and didn't see anything but if this subject has already been addressed and I overlooked it, please don't flame me too hard -- I'm getting senile in my old age.

I've used Surfcam since '99 and I'm very comfortable with it...until EVO. I'm not complaining; Vero owns the product rights now and they can do what they want with it; I just personally don't care for the "Edgecam" interface style. Until this past September, we had only Fadal VMC's, and the 3 and 4 axis Fadal posts included with Surfcam (up through version 2014) always worked fine for us. In September, we bought a new Hwacheon Vesta 1000 with an ATS 4th, and a FANUC 30i MF control, and so far I haven't found any of Surfcam's pre-packaged post processors that outputs correctly for this machine. The closest thing I've found is actually their generic Haas post, but obviously that still requires a lot of manual editing. We've gotten by up until this point by paying a neighboring shop with a seat of Solidcam to write and post the simple stuff we've ran in that machine so far, but that arrangement has all sorts of obvious potential problems. I'm sure I could hack together a post for this thing, and after 5 or 6 tries and some ruined parts and broken tools I MIGHT get it working acceptably, but if someone already has a proven post for this application then I'm willing to part with a (reasonable) amount of coin in exchange for it.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Re: 4-axis post for FANUC 301 MF control on Hwacheon Vesta 1000

Why you do'n't go to your SURFCAM local dealer for the Post help? Not only for SURFCAM Traditional Version but also the EVO!

As I mentioned, I wasn't favorably impressed with EVO, and didn't see good reason to stay current with maintenance. For whatever reason, our Surfcam dealer didn't even tell me about the existence of the "Traditional" version...implying that EVO was the only Surfcam offering (now that I know this isn't the case, we might consider getting back on the wagon). In any case, after buying the Hwacheon and discovering that there was no ready-to-run post for that machine control included in Surfcam 2014, I couldn't in good conscience ask our dealer for help with a post when our maintenance had expired.

On a positive note -- since first posting this query, I paid Paul Andrews at Ground Support to write a custom post for this application, and am very happy with the result. The post seems to be bug-free and the price was reasonable.

You made a good job! The M3, M4 , L2 Post of SURFCAM Traditional all licensed from Ground Support. You could ask Mr. Paul Andrews for the customer post help. That is the best if you out of maintenance and not want to go with local dealer!