585,712 active members*
3,870 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Okuma MC-4VAE Help

Hi everyone,
    We have inherited a Okuma MC-4VAE with a OSP5020M control and are having problems with homing the machine at startup.
    Is this necessary? And if so how is it accomplished? Also if anyone can send me some sample code it would be appreciated, just so I can get the toolchange , work coordinate, safety , and retract code right.

Thanks

Frank

Re: Okuma MC-4VAE Help

Machines with an OSP control do not require homing...... this is one feature that a Fanuc does need to perform
    - turn it on and push "cycle start"

but it may reduce maintenance if you
    - exercise the ways to spread some lub on the ways
    - warm the spindle ( if you are starting up using high RPMs )

[
    It’s called absolute scales!!! And any machine including Fanuc run them if ordered

QUOTE=Superman;2013116]Machines with an OSP control do not require homing...... this is one feature that a Fanuc does need to perform

- warm the spindle ( if you are starting up using high RPMs )[/QUOTE]

[
    It’s called absolute scales!!! And any machine including Fanuc run them if ordered

QUOTE=Superman;2013116]Machines with an OSP control do not require homing...... this is one feature that a Fanuc does need to perform

- warm the spindle ( if you are starting up using high RPMs )[/QUOTE]

Re: Okuma MC-4VAE Help

I bought a Okuma vmc with a osp5020m controller and never ran this controller before. I run Fanuc. I’m having the hardest time trying to figure out how to call over a program into my buffer from my list or memory side. Any ideas on what code I need to type like A.MIN OR *.MIN . I tried everything and nothing works.????????????????

Quote Originally Posted by Steamroller123 View Post
    I bought a Okuma vmc with a osp5020m controller and never ran this controller before. I run Fanuc. I’m having the hardest time trying to figure out how to call over a program into my buffer from my list or memory side. Any ideas on what code I need to type like A.MIN OR *.MIN . I tried everything and nothing works.????????????????
    I may touch items that you may already know... but
    ..default names/extensions..
    Gcode Filename....A.MIN,.. note that the .MIN is default and not needed to be stated... Fanuc use .NC or .TAP for gcode programs. A feature for Okuma is the placing of the filename on the 1st line of the program when punching out of the control. this is between a $ sign and the % sign, the final % at end of file is used to terminate a transfer and close the file. There are many posts regarding regarding how to rename a transfer file ie PIP READ ,NEW.MIN WRITE ....note the comma makes the incoming program to be named NEW

..to get programs in/out of the control..
    PIP read or PIP punch ... PIP is used for entire program transfer to or from the control.... DNC is an added option mainly used for large programs that won't upload to the control used as drip feeding the program while executing it.

..setting a program active..
    PROGRAM SELECT (F1)... cursor to required prog and then WRITE, similar to using O arrow down for the Fanuc search feature

Main gcode differences between Fanuc to Okuma
    G43 = G56 tool length offset
    G54 = G15H# work cordinate system
    there are more differences but a little more advanced but can be covered later.

CAUTION...G91G28XYZ zero is table centre, top of table (CRUNCH time). Okuma utilise G30P# as reference point return, but check 1st before use
    to set work coord values.. if using G15H1 in the program. put cursor on X field, type C0 (zero) then WRITE. The current X position has been written into that offset.

hope this starts the ball rolling for you.