584,841 active members*
4,764 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > Laser Engraving and Cutting Machines > Laser Engraving / Cutting Machine General Topics > Rabbit Laser vs Boss Laser LS 2436, looking to buy, need advice
Page 2 of 2 12

Re:

Quote Originally Posted by BLshop View Post
    Point here is not manufacturer / re-seller and who decided to invest much or little. Point is that in a free market business owners can adjust their price by listening to their market instead of your recommended 30% markup.

You make these broadly stroked claims about Rabbit/Boss that I doubt you have any first hand knowledge of their actual build process and relationship with their suppliers. I have actually been to China (visit cnc suppliers) and true their working standards dont compare to Western companies. But, understand companies do over come that. Its not uncommon for contracts to be enforced beforehand ensuring what's built adheres to their own innovative design specs. Western companies do this too. Buy enough product at an agreed price and they will build a lot more than their custom config. I think the key is the supplier needs to be held accountable to very specific, clear details with componentry and build quality. Given some of the long standing customer feedback with Ray's Rabbit machines and Boss (in this thread and elsewhere) there's evidence to support they're simply not the stereotypical reseller you presume.

To the contrary, you can't find a lot of user feedback about GCC on this forum or thread. You being the main contributor in the Zone it seems. Not much of anything on Google / FB either?

@Jram. Given your situation I would suggest you find out ongoing the support behind the machine. Given all the different hands that will run it you probably benefit from timely tech support and replacement parts.
    OK, on your 4 points:

1. They should sell as high as they can because this is how the free market works - Yes, I agree. I don’t know how smart this is in long term, but I don’t blame them for trying. I have hard time understanding the people who buy from them.

2. Their own innovative design specs - Very interesting. Could you please introduce us to these innovative specs that set them apart form the other Chinese machines?

3. You can’t find a lot of user feedback about GCC - And this leads you to the conclusion that GCC must be inferior to Rabbit??? Seriously?

4. You being the main GCC contributor in the Zone - That's not true. I learned about this brand here in this forum from other members who own GCC machines. I wouldn’t recommend them for RF or Fiber machines but I believe currently they make the best glass tube machines in the 8-10K range.

Little history - They use to make only high-end RF machines in the spec. and price range of Trotec, ULS and Epilog. Few years ago they extended their line with configurations equipped with more affordable glass tubes. But even for their aggressively priced glass-tube configurations they use similar advanced systems as for the high-end models. As far I know they are the only brand that has a standard configuration combining expensive analog DC SERVO with a glass tube. Even Epilog and Trotec use steppers for their entry-lvl machines. Unlike most Chinese machines (and those sold by Boss and Rabbit), GCC develops for many years their own proprietary software optimized for their specific machines and configurations. I cant stress enough how important that is. In general they sell to more demanding clients who would need reliable top quality equipment and are unwilling to take the risks associated with the low-cost Chinese machines.

All in all, we are talking about different class machines that should not be compared. The fact that they sell on the same price is incredible. Of course this is not because GCC sells cheap but because re-sellers like Rabbit overcharge greatly.

Re:

1. They should sell as high as they can because this is how the free market works - Yes, I agree. I don’t know how smart this is in long term, but I don’t blame them for trying. I have hard time understanding the people who buy from them.
    Read the feedback here and elsewhere. The general consensus makes it very understandable to me.

2. Their own innovative design specs - Very interesting. Could you please introduce us to these innovative specs that set them apart form the other Chinese machines?
    BenM2 mentioned in this thread already! Rays larger machines are designed so sections can fit through doorways, Boss has 4 material pass throughs, Laser head+auto focus in one. They claim they
    design/engineer their own machines.

3. You can’t find a lot of user feedback about GCC - And this leads you to the conclusion that GCC must be inferior to Rabbit??? Seriously?
    That's your conclusion. I don't have either machine so I can't say. I'm saying if this company serves its customers as good as you say they do then there should be people talking about it somewhere. GCC been around a while too.

4. You being the main GCC contributor in the Zone - That's not true. I learned about this brand here in this forum from other members who own GCC machines. I wouldn’t recommend them for RF or Fiber machines but I believe currently they make the best glass tube machines in the 8-10K range.
    I can't find any feedack about the models you recommend. Okay so do they make their own glass tubes?

Little history - They use to make only high-end RF machines in the spec. and price range of Trotec, ULS and Epilog. Few years ago they extended their line with configurations equipped with more affordable glass tubes. But even for their aggressively priced glass-tube configurations they use similar advanced systems as for the high-end models. As far I know they are the only brand that has a standard configuration combining expensive analog DC SERVO with a glass tube. Even Epilog and Trotec use steppers for their entry-lvl machines. Unlike most Chinese machines (and those sold by Boss and Rabbit), GCC develops for many years their own proprietary software optimized for their specific machines and configurations. I cant stress enough how important that is. In general they sell to more demanding clients who would need reliable top quality equipment and are unwilling to take the risks associated with the low-cost Chinese machines.
    All in all, we are talking about different class machines that should not be compared. The fact that they sell on the same price is incredible. Of course this is not because GCC sells cheap but because re-sellers like Rabbit overcharge greatly.

I've read reviews on their proprietary software and support. GCC is Tawian based right? Having good technology is only one piece of the pie. Servos and proprietary software can't outperform bad support. I've read of other companies in this forum who focused on technology so much that they neglected the customer.
    You put more emphasis on technology whereas for many others support and ease of use is paramount. And the companies headlining this thread seem to do that very well Which is why I would be skeptical about GCC until I heard more.
    Perhaps you can show projects you did on your machines. When I show prospects finished products I milled - that's the sizzle.

Have a good weekend.

Re: Rabbit Laser vs Boss Laser LS 2436, looking to buy, need advice

@Jram, Did you make a decision on what you were going to get?

Quote Originally Posted by Willywonka321 View Post
    @Jram, Did you make a decision on what you were going to get?
    Hi WIllywonka321,
    I haven't made a decision yet, I'm still torn on what lasers to choose. I have really been hearing great things about Boss support lately so I've been leaning towards them.. But, I really like the price of Thunderlaser. I have recently looked into GCC machines because of tis thread, but they don't have prices on their site. I'm still open to input and suggestions as I have until July 1 before receiving the money from the grants.

Have you consider a Laguna? Their prices seem really great. I can speak about experience with the machine but I am considering one.

- - - Updated - - -

Have you considered a Laguna? Their prices seem really great. I can speak about experience with the machine but I am considering one.

Wow! I do like the Laguna prices. I'm going to try to find some reviews. I am familiar with them because of their woodworking tools.

I just found some information on the Laguna machines, looks like they are Bodor. I just got a quote from Bodor for the 1000x600mm and it's half the price of the Laguna. Looks like the Bodors have a RECI tube and they appear to be a decent quality machine but I'm still not sure how they compare to Thunderlaser.

Bodor has cheap machines no doubt. Be careful here short term savings can cost a lot long term if you need parts or support.
    http://www.cnczone.com/forums/genera...od-option.html

HI All, i'm in SoCal, Just wanted to add I own a Rabbit USA Laser and the help and support I've received from both Ray and Carol is excellent. WE are not buddies and don't work for or with them. I just wanted to say that I went through the whole buying process extensively and in great detail. I bought, installed a 4' x 8' 130 watt can machine first from another company and had to return it (no small feat) the right rail rose .038 front to back and they could not fix it. I then bought a 51"x51" 80watt machine from Rabbit. My own experience is that both Ray and Carol help everyway they can. I could not ask for more.
    My lowly advice to anyone buying a CNC is to get ALL the manuals and read them more than once. The devil is in the details.

Re:

Hi all, just wanted to update my original post. I went with Boss, just received the machines and loving them so far!

Re:

Quote Originally Posted by jram View Post
    Hi all, just wanted to update my original post. I went with Boss, just received the machines and loving them so far!
    Which model you end up getting...??

Re:

Quote Originally Posted by ivanvan21 View Post
    Which model you end up getting...??
    We got the ls1 14/16- 60 watt and the LS 24/36 100 watt. Excellent machines so far and the support is great when needed.

Re:

Hey, just got this same machine...
    Mine came with scales on the machine table,
    top & right side
    but they are almost flat, not able to bank any work pieces up against them for location
    Did you make your own ? or how are you locating & re-locating work ?

Quote Originally Posted by PoppaNY View Post
    Hey, just got this same machine...
    Mine came with scales on the machine table,
    top & right side
    but they are almost flat, not able to bank any work pieces up against them for location
    Did you make your own ? or how are you locating & re-locating work ?
    Good question, most people are doing jigs but for the things I’ve been doing, I haven’t needed a precise jig setup as of yet .
    If you do origin- frame you are able to see about where the head will go and that helps quite a bit: By the way, w have 2 machines and they are both running strong so far!

Good question, most people are doing jigs but for the things I’ve been doing, I haven’t needed a precise jig setup as of yet .
    If you do origin- frame you are able to see about where the head will go and that helps quite a bit: By the way, w have 2 machines and they are both running strong so far!
    thanks, that's comforting !

As far as the speed, they do mm/sec as opposed to other companies doing a % of speed.....
    Have you had any experience with the % of speed? Would you know what the comparison would be ?

I 've owned a rabbit for a number of years now and its still on its first tube (KNOCK ON WOOD) I've had no mechanical trouble just some operator errors which Ray at rabbit told me what I was doing wrong.
    Yes Ray is a reseller but he's also an Engineer and he goes thru each machine he imports and makes sure they meet all US requirements before he sells it. He's also been to Rabbit in China to see the plant and their quality control. I looked at Boss, Thunder, Automation Tech, FSL and others and you won't find a better built laser for the price anywhere.

.... By the way, w have 2 machines and they are both running strong so far!
    @jram How are things going w/ your Boss' ? How is the LS 2436 doing? What are you doing w/ it?
    Just started to climb the fence and have been looking at Boos.

Thanks

Page 2 of 2 12