585,741 active members*
5,134 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
Page 5 of 10 34567

Re: New MODBUSEZ SetUp Plugin For UCCNC

Updated version ModbusEZ 11

Wow that didn't take long ...lol

Fixed startup sequence with other plugins loading it could miss intimal frequency set.
    Additional tweaking.
    Manual added to zip

ModbusEZ 11>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Attachment 376030

ive just ordered a new inverter- chinese- never heard of them before- made by ecogoo.
    looks very similar to huangyang. says its standard modbus and instructions are in english.- this could be fun!
    cheaper than hy for the spec ive ordered- so lets see the quality !
    anybody else heard or used them? couldnt find it in forum searches.
    il let you know if i can get it working with the plugin.
    https://www.aliexpress.com/item/VFD-...311.0.0.Q27ru7
    so much to learn, so much to pass on.

If it can be controlled with Modbus there's no reason for it not to work, It just takes the patience to find proper settings. Unfortunately I wasn't able to find a manual online.

Let me know if it's anything I can do to help get you going.

Dan

homebrew, have you had any success or you given up?

Hi Dan
    I`ve been checking the vfd setting and all is well.
    After your last post I looked at what version of UCCNC I am using its the latest from uccnc web site, version 1.2037 now I see the plugin will only run on version
    1.2038 . So I have followed what Greolt has done loaded UCCNC 1.2044 and ModbusEZ 9 , now the vfd responds to the speed changes , but now UCCNC crashes after adjusting the speed several times.
    Now UCCNC will not always startup just the same problem as Greolt was having . Also tried ModbusEZ 11 with the same results.
    Jeff

Quote Originally Posted by homebrew View Post
    Hi Dan
    I`ve been checking the vfd setting and all is well.
    After your last post I looked at what version of UCCNC I am using its the latest from uccnc web site, version 1.2037 now I see the plugin will only run on version
    1.2038 . So I have followed what Greolt has done loaded UCCNC 1.2044 and ModbusEZ 9 , now the vfd responds to the speed changes , but now UCCNC crashes after adjusting the speed several times.
    Now UCCNC will not always startup just the same problem as Greolt was having . Also tried ModbusEZ 11 with the same results.
    Jeff
    That would make sense, the plugin will only work with versions 39 or higher.

What exactly is happening when you say crashing? UCCNC becomes nonresponsive? You get an exemption window? What are you doing when this happened?

When this happened with Greolt he posted it some how fixed it self and didn't leave me much to go on and know where to look. I assumed it had something to do with the incorrect format of frequency since there are other Hitachi users and this is now the second time hearing of this. Both using a 40 Max HZ to compensate for the 0-4000 format.

Be aware the new version ModbusEZ11 this is fixed and you should be using the correct Max HZ for spindle which in your case is 400HZ. Any info on this problem would be a huge help in finding it's cause.

Dan

I had some issues with UCCNC freezing when using Dan's Huanyang plugin. I think the issue I was having was due to the USB adapter getting bumped and losing it's connection. I forget exactly, but it was either that, or a different wiring issue, and not the fault of the plugin.
    Gerry

UCCNC 2017 Screenset
    http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2017.html

Mach3 2010 Screenset
    http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2010.html

JointCAM - CNC Dovetails & Box Joints
    http://www.g-forcecnc.com/jointcam.html

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

Noise is also another possibility, when continually pressing the override you are sending many signals with each click and can produce more noise than normal. When I first used the USB RS-485 connection with Mach3 plugin I had random freezing, it wasn't until I properly grounded my spindle/system and went to a serial rs485 my problems went away.

Dan

Hi Dan
    This is the windows report screen had to split it into 2 parts. This with using ModbusEZ 11. hope this helps.
    Jeff

Can you please disconnect your RS-485 usb connection and see if you can reproduce this?

Thanks
    Dan

Hi Dan
    I`m using the serial port
    Jeff

Ok, I do remember you posting that previously in another post. By disconnecting your RS-485 would help narrow down where the problem is. The plugin will still be running and sending signals.
    Dan

Hi Dan
    Disconnected RS-485 and could not make UCCNC fail , connected RS-485 and UCCNC stopped working as before.
    Jeff

Hi Dan
    Disconnected RS-485 and could not make UCCNC fail , connected RS-485 and UCCNC stopped working as before.
    Jeff
    Thanks Jeff appreciate the help. Going to make some adjustments to the DataReceivedHandler in plugin and see if that makes a difference. Will post for you to test when you have time.

Thanks
    Dan

Jeff please let me know if this fixed your issue, sorry for delay NY Giants game.

Attachment 376072

Dan

Dan tested the plugin but on starting UCCNC an erroor box pops up( Serialport Timeout ) and UCCNC has to be closed.
    Jeff

Dan tested the plugin but on starting UCCNC an erroor box pops up( Serialport Timeout ) and UCCNC has to be closed.
    Jeff
    That is not a UCCNC error box, it's a messagebox I implemented in plugin to help me determine where your Exception(crash) is happening. Now I have to get my head back into plugin I written a while ago and figure out why...lol

Thanks for your help and get back to you soon.

Dan

Jeff, could you please let me know if this fixed your issue?

Attachment 376254

Hi Dan
    Just finished testing and it`s working faultless, speed up , down no problems at all .Your time and effort is much appreciated thank you
    Jeff.

Hi Dan
    Just finished testing and it`s working faultless, speed up , down no problems at all .Your time and effort is much appreciated thank you
    Jeff.
    Happy to see you got it working and thank you for help finding and fix this problem for you and potential others. Obviously I know now where problem was but it's still troubling to me why, I knew at time writing code serialport.read() was flaky/buggy but I thought I had it covered. What's even more troubling to me is I used this same method in the HY Plugin. Once I have time and get a better grip on this I will be uploading a revised version.

Thanks again,
    Dan

Page 5 of 10 34567