584,830 active members*
5,750 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
Page 9 of 10 78910

Re: New MODBUSEZ SetUp Plugin For UCCNC

Your Frequency address in Serial Monitor shows set to 0001 and your manual reads 2001 for frequency address. You also must remember each time settings are changed in ModbusEZ configure UCCNC needs to be restarted before new settings arte able to be read.

Dan

I'm not sure why but it was always set to 2001..the .pro and screenshot show it. I restarted UCCNC multiple times with that settings.

Quote Originally Posted by ger21 View Post
    Lot's of other have found the same to be true. For whatever reason, the adapters would work in Mach, but not UCCNC.
    Ger, as usually you are correct. There must be some issue with converter and pc. Even today it happens thsr there is no com to vfd. I u plug the converter and plug it again and it works. Have no knowledge to investigate. I have a preat one but on usb. Have to figure out gow to set it up in uccnc modbus plugin.

Hello from Russia!
    There is a frequency converter 9100-1t-00550gb. I do not understand how to connect it to the plugin. Help please.

rs485

Hello Dan,

Thank you for the work you've put into this plugin.
    I've been having a difficult time finding the register values for my Simphoenix E500 VFD. I'd really appreciate if I could get some help here.
    Manual: https://www.probotix.com/wiki/images...SunfarE500.pdf
    Blog post someone made for using the E500 with Mach3 and their own solution: Mach3 E500 VFD modbus support instructions – Bill Caldwell's Blog
    My VFD parameters have been changed accordingly for MODBUS/external communication.

Thanks for all the help that I can get, in return to the community I'll be publishing my UCCNC macros that I wrote for a 6040 router that I've built with an ATC spindle (JGL-80/1.5R24) and linear tool holder.

Update, didn't notice but the newest version of the plugin came with a PDF with settings for the E300 which worked just fine for my Simphoenix E550 VFD. VFD parameter 4.00 had to be set to 0104 and 4.01 had to be set to 1 (local address, it should have defaulted to 1 but mine was 0 from the spindle factory for some reason). Thank you for documenting my VFD model and getting things working, it's a great feeling to have MODBUS set up and running.

I am using screenset 2017.Install the MODBUSEZ plugin and I have a VDF Fuling DZB280 and everything works correctly, the only problem is that the speed I send (Sxxxx), the program is sent by the VDF but multiplied by 4. For this reason for example to set the speed to 10000 RPM I have to type in the MDI S2500.

Hello Dan,

I have a small problem with the control of my spindle using a Hitachi WJ200-07MF Ver. 2.0 VFD.
    The problem is: The Single Coil setting works great - I can turn on and off the Spindle and change the RPM.
    The Multiple Coil setting does not work. The Spindle never turns on.

Can you help me get the Multiple Coil version working please?

Here is my setup:

VFD: Hitachi WJ200-07MF
    Description: 750W VFD - 110V powered

Spindle: UgraCNC 800W Air Cooled Spindle - GMT Air Cooled CNC Spindle 0.8 kW 220V 24000 RPM R | Air Cooled Spindles
    Note: The Datasheet says it is a 2 Pole motor (I am pretty sure) so I have set the motor type in the VFD to 2 pole (and then used auto-tuning).

ModBus Adapter: RS485 to Ethernet converter by Waveshare
    Wiki: https://www.waveshare.com/wiki/RS485_TO_ETH
    Note: I put an O-scope on the RS485 pins at the inverter. Signals looks good enough to me.
    I also used another computer and a USB-RS485 as a Modbus slave to confirm that what I am sending using the ethernet adapter is the same as what a RS485/Modbus slave was reading. The messages transmitted matched the messages received. Also, the Single Coil settings seem to work quite well. So, I don't suspect the ethernet adapter (for now anyway).

UCCNC version = 1.2111

MODBUSEZ version = 1.6 (Note: Configuration still says V15 for whatever reason). I did try v15 and v155 and the behavior didn't change.

Here is a screenshot of the settings I am using for Multiple Coils (that doesn't work):
    Attachment 442022

Here is a screenshot from the Serial Monitor program when using those settings:
    Attachment 442018

I also attached a text file of the serial monitor output when using those settings.
    Do you see anything amiss?

Note: I did try a recommendation you gave someone else - setting register b031 to '10'. It did not change the behavior.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
    Karl

Hello again Dan,

Here are the settings and the serial logs of the Single Coil (only clockwise rotation) that do work just fine for me.

MODBUSEZ Configuration Settings:

Attachment 442024

Serial Monitor Picture while using those settings (I moved the spindle speed up and down while taking the capture):
    Attachment 442026

Also attached - Serial Monitor Text File snippet of that capture.

I thought maybe seeing the working version would highlight something in the non-working version.

Anyway, thank you (or anyone else for any and all help,
    Karl

I am using screenset 2017.Install the MODBUSEZ16 plugin and I have a VDF Fuling DZB280 and everything works correctly, the only problem is that the speed I send (Sxxxx), the program is sent by the VDF but multiplied by 4. For this reason for example to set the speed to 10000 RPM I have to type in the MDI S2500.

Could someone explain to me where to find or how to download the latest plugin. I switched from a HY to GT Huanyang VFD and need to switch plugins to the MODBUZEZ plugin, I believe. Thanks

I have been researching on all forums and have not been able to get modbusez v16 to work with my 220v 2.2k huanyang GT series.
    Windows 10 64bit. I've tried everything on the forums.

Has anyone had any luck?

Has anyone go this working with a YL620-A?

Baud Rate to 19200 as per the current VFD setting / one stop bit, and changed the VFD address to 1

On the modbus Setup i have the following

On/Off address coil 0016
    Frequency Address coil 0000
    Spindle on CW 0000
    Spindle on CCW 0001
    Spindle Off 0003

Check box for multiple coils - Not sure what this should be but I tried other combinations

The link to the manual is here, a bit chinglish
    https://bulkman3d.com/wp-content/upl...ter-Manual.pdf

Wink Re: New MODBUSEZ SetUp Plugin For UCCNC

For anyone with a YL620-A here are the settings that I have got this VFD to work with, I have not tested how accurate the RPM is yet but the spindle responds to increase /decrease / stop and direction and is reporting Freq I think.

Changes to the Parameters on the VFD are as follows

p00.00 - 3. - Modus Control
    p03.00 - 3 -9600Bps
    P03.01 - 1 - Address

Baud Rate - 9600
    Stop Bits - One

on/off address 2000
    Freq address 2001
    Spindle On CW 0092
    Spindle on CCW 00A2
    Spindle off 0081
    Check box for multiple registers - Yes

Amp Display Register - 200b - Working just I need to check what it is reporting, i believe its freq at the moment but will confirm

Quote Originally Posted by awilde View Post
    Has anyone go this working with a YL620-A?

Baud Rate to 19200 as per the current VFD setting / one stop bit, and changed the VFD address to 1

On the modbus Setup i have the following

On/Off address coil 0016. -- Not correct see above
    Frequency Address coil 0000-- Not correct see above
    Spindle on CW 0000-- Not correct see above
    Spindle on CCW 0001-- Not correct see above
    Spindle Off 0003-- Not correct see above

Check box for multiple coils - Not sure what this should be but I tried other combinations

The link to the manual is here, a bit chinglish
    https://bulkman3d.com/wp-content/upl...ter-Manual.pdf

Corrected the Amp Display this should be 200C

I am in the same boat. I cannot for the life of me find where to actually download this plugin.

Quote Originally Posted by Belarusian View Post
    Update, didn't notice but the newest version of the plugin came with a PDF with settings for the E300 which worked just fine for my Simphoenix E550 VFD. VFD parameter 4.00 had to be set to 0104 and 4.01 had to be set to 1 (local address, it should have defaulted to 1 but mine was 0 from the spindle factory for some reason). Thank you for documenting my VFD model and getting things working, it's a great feeling to have MODBUS set up and running.

Hi Belarusian, I also have a Simphoenix E550 VFD, maybe you can help me, do ypu know where can i get the newest plugin ? or a version that will work with uccnc v.1.2111
    Thanks in advanced..

BR Palle Jensen

I think this is the latest version.
    http://www.forum.cncdrive.com/download/file.php?id=648

All the versions should be in this thread.
    forum.cncdrive.com • View topic - MODBUSEZ Plugin
    Gerry

UCCNC 2017 Screenset
    http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2017.html

Mach3 2010 Screenset
    http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2010.html

JointCAM - CNC Dovetails & Box Joints
    http://www.g-forcecnc.com/jointcam.html

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

Quote Originally Posted by ger21 View Post
    I think this is the latest version.
    http://www.forum.cncdrive.com/download/file.php?id=648

All the versions should be in this thread.
    forum.cncdrive.com • View topic - MODBUSEZ Plugin
    Perfect, Thanks a lot Gerry

Page 9 of 10 78910