584,837 active members*
5,364 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Replacemetn Motor Set

My replacement motor and Controller arrived from China.

This has a speed of 8000rpm which will get reduced down to about 5000 via the pulley.

THe build uality of the controller is signifincatly better than the original sieg controller the motor runs much smoother.

Teh best bit is that it fits in directly without any issues at all, teh orginal adaptor plate fits perfectly and theres just enough space for it to fit in, ( theres only one way to make it fit, due the the cables )

The shaft is 1mm too big, but that will be sorted out in no time, just going to bore out the pulley.

I've fired it all up on teh bench and it works as advertised.

The controller is a bit bigger than the orginal and its goign to take a little work to make it fit but thats not looking too hard.

This came from HiShine Technology ( www.hishinetech.com ) and cost me $380USD ( exluding freight ).

Given that a replacement orginal motor only was going to be $NZD700 ( USD 550 ) this was pretty resonable i thought.

The

Re: Replacemetn Motor Set

Been busy this morning, working through everything.. Its like a new machine!! Having more than twice the rpms is making a massive difference to the quality of cuts. Best money i've spent on this for a while!

This is for a x3 I'm guessing?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have a SX3 converted to CNC (with the CNCfusion kit). Went to start it up last weekend and spindle won't turn

power light is on - LCD lights up - and it beeps if I push the down arrow - but "start" doesn't work.

Mrpackethead... the control panel and LCD and motor from hishine are a direct replacement for the original parts???? They're not listing a 8000 rpm on their site at the moment - do you have a link to the one you bought?
    --
    Jon