584,333 active members*
6,372 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Jinan J-Cut Warning

Having a good experience with my first laser purchase 3 years ago from G-Weike, I decided to purchase additional equipment from China.

After sourcing out various manufacturers and reading on positive feedback from this forum, I decided to purchase from J-Cut " Mandy " a 1325 Router and a 6040 laser. Typically to Chinese requirement I prepaid the purchase $10.5K with door to door terms in order to avoid any shipping / import / FDA issue.

My order was placed December 20th and given a 30 day delivery, suffice to say that the shipment did not arrive until February 13th ...OK, a few weeks late no big deal with Chinese New Year and all !

Then the real problems started :

J-Cut did not file the required ISF for shipments to the US, exposing the importer to a hefty fine from US Customs. " Mandy " at first blamed me for not filing until I forward the e-mail showing terms.After one week of dealing with the broker and a back and forth flurry of e-mails' and phone call shipment was released, with the exception of an FDA hold on the 6040 laser.

In order to import a laser engraver / cutter to the US, the manufacturer " J-Cut" is required to have an " ACCESSION " number, a document which is filed with the US government depicting the various models to be imported to the US. Well, an accession number was provided by J-Cut, unfortunately the entity that filed such accession requisite was ironically G-Weike. J-Cut claims to be a sister / brother company , thus attempting to circumvent US FDA / Customs requirement(s).

So for now the 6040 laser which was supposed to be a B'day present for my 82 year old father sits in my warehouse , crated with firm orders not to open " until FDA clears the shipment ", which seems unlikely at this stage, and a very good possibility that the shipment will be denied and confiscated

I've communicated numerous times with " Mandy " , with no real solution to a problem J-Cut created. Mandy responds to my e-mails but with the obvious reality that they have been pain in full, with no real economic incentive to solve the problem ...leverage is on their side !

Hopefully the interaction within the community will allow others to have a big warning sign " BUYER BEWARE " and avoid losing hard earned money by dubious claims.

One should ask and receive a confirmed " accession number " from any chinese company selling lasers, prior to forwarding any funds ....lesson learned !

Re: Jinan J-Cut Warning

Hi Anxpert,
    This is your first time to do door to door services? I think the sales person hadn't told you the whole processing.
    Even this is door to door, you still need to provide some information. (file ISF,EIN number or driver license number)
    If you can't file ISF in time, the US customs may charge you a huge fine. So we will remind customers that it's very important.
    And the "J-Cut" doesn't have a Accession number, it means it doesn't file his company information on FDA.

So how about the router, do you get it?

Re: Jinan J-Cut Warning

Quote Originally Posted by Nolan Yang View Post
    Hi Anxpert,
    This is your first time to do door to door services? I think the sales person hadn't told you the whole processing.
    Even this is door to door, you still need to provide some information. (file ISF,EIN number or driver license number)
    If you can't file ISF in time, the US customs may charge you a huge fine. So we will remind customers that it's very important.
    And the "J-Cut" doesn't have a Accession number, it means it doesn't file his company information on FDA.

So how about the router, do you get it?
    Unfortunately J-cut did not notify when shipment was made,notification was made once the ship arrived in port, otherwise our customs broker would have followed proper procedure, as we import from other countries. The main problem is / was lack of follow-up from the seller J-Cut, very eager to sell product, inform the customer that " everything " will be taken care by them, and ultimately confirm that procedure was not followed.

My previous experience with G-Weike was very organized in comparison to J-Cut, whom some in this forum have shown praise and positive comments. I, in fact restrained myself from posting anything until today when I received " legal " type paperwork from FDA. Ultimately J-Cut advertises on most of their material a big FDA logo that implies upon their confirmation that in fact they have an accession number, when in reality such number belongs to G Weike.

I do not know if it is normal for one Chinese company to use another company's accession number, claiming they are " sister / brother " companies.

Again, my objective in this forum post is to enlighten others in order to avoid the hours and hours of problem solving and loosing money to eager entities that just want to sell product at all cost. In my humble opinion and that of other business professionals it is plain un-ethical and wrong.

I did receive the 1325 Router as it was not subject to FDA hold .... packing was a bit inferior with " 0 " information as to a packing list, set-up, software. It seems that a copy of Mach 3 was included in a DVD and nothing else ...another example as to lack of customer centricity.

While I applaud Mandy for her constant attempt in answering my ever increasing frustrated e-mails, I believe her superiors ultimately control her actions and solution(s) to problems. It seems to me that the main concern at this stage is to keep the funds regardless of fault. Fortunately, our background in contractual law allows us at a minimum to file the proper complaints with various government agencies to bring light to J-Cut and at a minimum " flag " such shipments. In today's economy and political climate it is not wise to have negative feedback, as it ultimately will lead to diminished credibility and sales.

J-cut is the worst kind of machine supplier. Recently got machine with horrible packing. The machine broke the bottom of the bare minimum supports a the legs of the machine was hanging out when it arrived at our port. What is worse, no grease on linear guides and ballscrews, which lead to very bad rusting. The paint job was very amateurish. Whats more, J-cut refuses to send the parts and demands payment for the broken and rusted parts.

Guys, please be extra careful, seems to me that it is a scam company.

I got SCAMMED by this company. They have no technical knowledge whatsoever. Don't buy from them!