Hi there guys,

Recently a friend of mine, who is helping me on my maker space project, told me that he would offer me an old embroidery machine, that is at a corner of his workshop, if I could put it to work. The machine is a Happy HCA-1201-40TTC Industrial Embroidery Machine, and it uses Sanyo Denki drives for the 5 phase stepper motors. These drives are suppose to take the 60 -+ DC volts to drive the motors. It has a 5 DCV in and 4 more wires. From the datasheet of the IC it uses(PMM8714PT - Sanyo Stepping Motor Driver IC), there are 4 input connections to the driver in order to work. 1- pulse up clock; 2- pulse down clock; 3- pulse clock input; 4- U/D alters rotation direction.
What I need to know is, where do I hook up the wires from a stepper driver to make it work with the same signal from the main controller board ?
My intention is to hook up a bipolar stepper driver and change the 5 phase steppers to bipolar to make it work.
If any of you guys could shed some light on this, it would be great and would get a big machine for my workshop project.

Thanks in advance.