585,557 active members*
3,426 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Nice find! Thanks.

I watched An Inconvenient Truth....and I just watched The Great Global Warming Swindle.

Gore's movie wins by a landslide. Polished, excellent cinematography, editing, writing, etc. Gore himself is a powerful preacher...uh, I mean...speaker. His presentations include big graphics in front of a warm and friendly audience, intercut with some powerful video clips. There's even an animation of a poor lost polar bear lost at sea, and Gore tries desparately to hold back a tear.

Perhaps to most compelling reasons to believe that man's generation of CO2 is the cause of global warming is that a) the election was stolen by Bush, b) he enjoyed chopping tobacco as a kid, and c) his sister died. After all, why would he have spent so much of the film on these points if they weren't salient??? Yup. That's what sold me.

The Great Global Warming Swindle on the other hand was a typical brit production, without the Hollywood polish, and worse, it stoops to using actual climate scientists presenting actual science. They discuss censorship and politics too, and that's just not fair. Its OK if Gore does it, since he's right, but not these guys. These guys are heretics, and they even admit it.

Rugrats-The Movie was better than either of these two productions though. Better production values than TGGWS, and more technically accurate than AIT.

coffee, nose, monitor.
    Matt
    San Diego, Ca

___ o o o_
    [l_,[_____],
    l---L - □lllllll□-
    ( )_) ( )_)--)_)

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

Al Gore should practice what he preaches. Flying here and there spreading the word is being very hypocritical.
    Wayne Hill

Quote Originally Posted by Rekd View Post
    coffee, nose, monitor.
    Guilty as charged!!! LOL!!

hey.. is there somewhere for me to see inconvenient truth online?

i tried youtube and watched a melange of pro or anti-gore satire, which was amusing and semi-informative. i also watched the british piece posted here..

ideas? i am, of course, growing less willing to stick up for al gore.. but, it will much harder to waver on my oppinion that the US treatment of energy concerns is irresponsible, criminal, anti-american, anti-human, and anti-democratic in the end.

Design & Development
    My Portfolio: www.robertguyser.com | CAD Blog I Contribute to: http://www.jeffcad.info

Quote Originally Posted by vacpress View Post
    hey.. is there somewhere for me to see inconvenient truth online?

i tried youtube and watched a melange of pro or anti-gore satire, which was amusing and semi-informative. i also watched the british piece posted here..

ideas? i am, of course, growing less willing to stick up for al gore.. but, it will much harder to waver on my oppinion that the US treatment of energy concerns is irresponsible, criminal, anti-american, anti-human, and anti-democratic in the end.

You are less willing to stick up for al bore?.....because you can't find a free way to view the movie?

"irresponsible, criminal, anti-american, anti-human, and anti-democratic"

blah, blah, blah
    Steve
    DO SOMETHING, EVEN IF IT'S WRONG!

Quote Originally Posted by Madclicker View Post
    You are less willing to stick up for al bore?.....because you can't find a free way to view the movie?

"irresponsible, criminal, anti-american, anti-human, and anti-democratic"

blah, blah, blah
    'yawn'
    Design & Development
    My Portfolio: www.robertguyser.com | CAD Blog I Contribute to: http://www.jeffcad.info

The Great Global Warming Swindle is excellent. It showed what I knew for a long time to be the truth. How can man possibly think he can compete with the oceans and the sun and cosmic rays??

my favorite part is the big thing at the beginning..

..the climate is changing! and it's all your fault!!..

i enjoyed it also. very helpfull to see such a counter presentation. as usual, i beleive in neither of the 2 polarized oppinions, and prefer some sort of center ground.

im still not convinced that just because volcanos produce alot of soot and emissions, it makes it ok for us to. not at all..

Quote Originally Posted by alliance_metal View Post
    The Great Global Warming Swindle is excellent. It showed what I knew for a long time to be the truth. How can man possibly think he can compete with the oceans and the sun and cosmic rays??

my favorite part is the big thing at the beginning..

..the climate is changing! and it's all your fault!!..
    Design & Development

Al Father, who art in transit
    Phony be thy game
    Thy Lear-Jet hums
    Those lies you’ve spun
    About Earth, and your huge mansion

Give us a break, your daily dread
    And forgive us with bus passes
    As we curse those flying first-class above us
    And lead us not into stagflation
    But humor us more, Sir Carbon-Knievel

Amen!

Shamelessly lifted from Ilana's excellent blog at
    http://blog.ilanamercer.com/?p=427

--97T--

Here in the UK the media and politicians seem to have accepted it as Gospel truth so the argument is over.

TGGWS was fun but only served to fill in the blanks for uneducated heretics and enrage the fanatics.

Whether I believe or don't believe on webchat doesn't amount to a hill of beans, both sides have dug in, nobody is going to sway anyone either way.

Positive aspects of global warming in the UK...

1: We may get to build some nice new carbon neutral nuclear power stations. Buying Russian gas and French nuclear electricity means I'm depending on people I don't get to vote for.

2: I'm getting old. Warm seems a lot friendlier than cold.

Quote Originally Posted by Robin Hewitt View Post
    ....1: We may get to build some nice new carbon neutral nuclear power stations. Buying Russian gas and French nuclear electricity means I'm depending on people I don't get to vote for.

2: I'm getting old. Warm seems a lot friendlier than cold.
    1: Whatever happened to the proposal for a really long extension cord from Iceland to tap into their abundant hydro power? I don't think I am joking, I seem to recall reading about such a proposal.

2: Don't bank on being warmer; if we have messed with the thermohaline circulation you might go down to the temperature regimes warranted by your latitude....Brrrrrrrrr. At least according to some doomsayers.