584,802 active members*
4,995 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking > Mass finishing equipment/media/strategies > Flat parts Vibratory Tumbling or Cetrifugal Disc Finishing?

Question Flat parts Vibratory Tumbling or Cetrifugal Disc Finishing?

Hi,

I make flat Sterling Silver pendants and charms. I have them either lost wax cast, laser cut or die stamped/blanked. They are quite small (10-20mm) and 0.8mm to 1.2mm thick. They are all totally flat. I need a perfect Mirror finish or sometimes a nice smooth pre-plate finish.

I am looking to buy a small finishing machine and was wondering if anyone knows which would be the best type of machine for my needs. I am concidering either a vibratory tumbler with speed adjustment and flow thru, or a Centrifugal Disc Finisher(Otec Eco Maxi Wet, used on a slow speed) with speed adjustment and flow thru.

I will be using plastic medium and plastic fine abrasive cones with vibro liquid as they are softer than ceramic media, then green dry pre-loaded buff media.

Anyone know which would be the best type of machine for flat parts? Vibratory or Centrifugal Disc?

Thanks,
    Hannah

Re: Flat parts Vibratory Tumbling or Cetrifugal Disc Finishing?

Dear Hannah,

Otec Eco Maxi suitable for small and medium-size parts (like jewellery)
    You can use these parts in this machine
    We have Otec eco maxi wet (https://www.inovatecmachinery.com/product/otec-eco-maxi)

If you have a smaller amount, just acquire a small desktop vibratory tumbler
    Although the finishing time would be longer, the surface finishing result will be perfect.

Earnest