585,971 active members*
4,018 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Angry G. Weike Storm 600 Problems

I did a bunch of research prior to purchasing from G. Weike, and chose their Storm600 model over getting some no name laser from eBay.

I knew G. Weike was not perfect, but compared to unverified eBay lasers for less and Epilog lasers for WAY more, it seemed like the best bet.

The kicker is, although they told me in comes with setup instructions in English, now that I paid them and I received the unit, they say they don't have English instruction for the Storm 600.

Furthermore, the vent fan they sent me was dead on arrival, and the air compressor pumps our 2-3 PSI at best.

Can someone offer me any guidance on what to do here? Does anyone has setup instructions I can follow, or know how I can get G. Weike to replace the broken parts they sent me?

I haven't even gotten the laser setup because of all of the issues (and it took them 6 weeks to get it to me even though I paid $500 for express shipping) and their customer service is not English speaking and not helpful.

I am at wit's end. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Re: G. Weike Storm 600 Problems

Quote Originally Posted by nickydubs201 View Post
    I did a bunch of research prior to purchasing from G. Weike, and chose their Storm600 model over getting some no name laser from eBay.

I knew G. Weike was not perfect, but compared to unverified eBay lasers for less and Epilog lasers for WAY more, it seemed like the best bet.

The kicker is, although they told me in comes with setup instructions in English, now that I paid them and I received the unit, they say they don't have English instruction for the Storm 600.

Furthermore, the vent fan they sent me was dead on arrival, and the air compressor pumps our 2-3 PSI at best.

Can someone offer me any guidance on what to do here? Does anyone has setup instructions I can follow, or know how I can get G. Weike to replace the broken parts they sent me?

I haven't even gotten the laser setup because of all of the issues (and it took them 6 weeks to get it to me even though I paid $500 for express shipping) and their customer service is not English speaking and not helpful.

I am at wit's end. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    That is all the air compressor is suppose to put out. Vent fan go on eBay and buy one that works, do you have a water pump? One should come with it and the tubing also. Find a clean bucket, put the submersible pump in and connect the hoses to the right fittings. Fill bucket with clean water and make sure the tube has water flow. Software should be on the USB stick, Laserworks or something like that, install on computer hook computer up to USB port on machine. Go over to Sawmill Creek and Please do a LOT of reading and Searching before posting any stupid questions.
    BTW How much for the machine and where did you buy it? Had one once and I regret selling.....
    Retired Master Electrician, HVAC/R Commercial. FLA Saturn 2 4x4 CNC Router Mach4 Kimber 1911 45ACP

Thanks for your reply and suggestion to checkout Sawmillcreek, wmgeorge. Although I am a bit taken a back about your comment about asking stupid questions. Was that a general statement or related to something I said specifically?

I asked for help with finding setup instructions and getting G Weike to stand behind their stated warranty. Both of which you did not address.

I understand that replacement parts can obviously be purchased elsewhere, but was seeking to hold G Weike responsible for shipping DOA parts.

Go over my post again and Please do a LOT of reading and Searching before responding with any stupid answers.

It was made clear from the first sentence that it was purchased from G Weike. Cost was $1400 plus shipping.

Thanks for your reply and suggestion to checkout Sawmillcreek, wmgeorge. Although I am a bit taken a back about your comment about asking stupid questions. Was that a general statement or related to something I said specifically?

I asked for help with finding setup instructions and getting G Weike to stand behind their stated warranty. Both of which you did not address.

I understand that replacement parts can obviously be purchased elsewhere, but was seeking to hold G Weike responsible for shipping DOA parts.

Go over my post again and Please do a LOT of reading and Searching before responding with any stupid answers.

It was made clear from the first sentence that it was purchased from G Weike. Cost was $1400 plus shipping.
    You purchased direct from China and expect US support and warranty? Not going to happen and you have no recourse. Purchase the parts you need and get on with it, write it off. Yes and I owned a Storm 500 it was great.
    Retired Master Electrician, HVAC/R Commercial. FLA Saturn 2 4x4 CNC Router Mach4 Kimber 1911 45ACP

nicky,
    If you can get a copy of the manual in any language you might be able to use Google to convert it to English. That will be better than nothing and their translation tool works pretty good. Just cut sections paste it in the translate tool and it will come out in English. Then paste each section into a new Word document that will all be in English.

Russ

Good Luck

Wondering why you did not post over here >
    http://www.cnczone.com/forums/genera...ne-discussion/

There is a G.Weike Rep on that Forum.

Thanks for answering the original question. I did not expect US support. I expected any level of support. I also expected the documentation that was explicitly promised prior to the sale.

Just an FYI, after a WAY TOO MUCH back and forth, G Weike did eventually send warranty replacement parts. Actually, they are so disorganized that they sent 2 sets of them, and another customer's order which I then had to forward on behalf of G Weike. lol

CNCMAN172, I did try to run their instructions through a few translator tools. The output was far from useful.

Thanks for answering the original question. I did not expect US support. I expected any level of support. I also expected the documentation that was explicitly promised prior to the sale.

Just an FYI, after a WAY TOO MUCH back and forth, G Weike did eventually send warranty replacement parts. Actually, they are so disorganized that they sent 2 sets of them, and another customer's order which I then had to forward on behalf of G Weike. lol

CNCMAN172, I did try to run their instructions through a few translator tools. The output was far from useful.
    Go over to that other Forum I linked to, and post a complaint I think its Lucy should respond as she is with G.Weike. B go to either Rabbit Laser USA or Boss Laser and down load a users manual. C do a search for the controller that is installed in your machine and download the manual for that software. I my first post I gave the basic instructions for setting up a Chinese laser.