584,802 active members*
4,983 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > WoodWorking Machines > Commercial CNC Wood Routers > Chinese Machines > Chinese CNC Routers - Makes? How Many? Who? Which Ones?
Page 1 of 2 12

Chinese CNC Routers - Makes? How Many? Who? Which Ones?

I'm surprised there isn't a thread (at least one I could find) breaking down the various makes and sources of Chinese CNC routers.

The name of this sub forum suggests "Chinese CNC Router" is a straightforward category, possibly even a narrow range of products. But my homework seems to reveal a dizzy array of models, small to large, good to bad, and maybe everything in between.

Can anyone break it down in a simple way? Perhaps point to the reputable brands most worth exploring?

Re: Chinese CNC Routers - Makes? How Many? Who? Which Ones?

So there are a seemingly billion sellers. There are a few that are more well known, here on the board at least.

I've used omni Jinan but also discussed are Quick Jinan (mostly referred to by the first word on these, skipping the Jinan), Rotech, excitetech, and xyz (tho there is more than one xyz). I got quotes from a few.

We ended up with omni because they were quick to answer, seemed to understand our needs (this is during quoting - see my thread on the actual experience in the omni forum), they didn't have a billion models, and others had successfully bought from them. And the price was good.

I'd consider all these things if redoing my purchase.

Branding is not really the relevant thing, it's more the scale and experience.

Try and avoid those that just resell (won't show factory pics or if they do there is no branding).

From what I understand, behind the scenes are the companies that make the frames etc, supply the electrical, and so forth. The cnc guys just drill, tap, install, tweak, sell them and pack them.

Sent from my LG-D852 using Tapatalk
    In case anyone is wondering, I'm the twin of the other gfacer on cnczone...

Quote Originally Posted by gfacer2 View Post
    So there are a seemingly billion sellers.... and the price was good. I'd consider all these things if redoing my purchase. Branding is not really the relevant thing, it's more the scale and experience.
    I appreciate the info, very helpful. In your post you named:

Omni
    Quick
    Rotech
    Excitech
    XYZ

In a very rough way, which of these would consider "safest" in terms of taking a chance on? Thank you!

Well - I've only bought an omni though we do have a used Quick now too. I know of another fellow locally with an omni and we both are happy with our machines overall.

I know Lee bought an XYZ and seemed quite happy with it. For a while Excitetech was busy with people on the board.

My real answer is that you will get a working machine from all of them. You virtually never hear of a chinese company that has done a true dash with cash (unlike precix for example). You will get a machine and it will work but you will also have to put in the time during the buying to get a machine that works for you.

For example - my machine works how I need it to. It uses the 3 phase power I had and generally was set up well (the relays for the vacuum pump and dust were underpowered but they were fine to trigger another proper relay). My brother's new machine - the used Quick - is an odd beast. It takes the same 3 phase power and has a transformer to take it up to 380v (chinese level we believe). It also works fine but is more complicated if it has a component failure.

You also need to be able to figure things out. These are not turn key machines in the same sense that a north american machine is. If something is off or needs a tweek, you will have to dig and figure it out. Not to turn you away, just I think a lot of the issues people have is that they have their expectations at the wrong level.

So bottom line is, and I know as I was the same way, you just have to take the plunge at some point. There is always a risk of sending your $$ into the black hole of a chinese company you have never 'met' but it is one that I personally cannot recall being an issue on these boards. I think you will end up like me, wishing you had taken the plunge sooner.

What are you looking at BTW?

Quote Originally Posted by gfacer2 View Post
    What are you looking at BTW?
    I appreciate your last post, very useful and relevant to know. My main takeaway is that the chinese CNC router is a good value, provided you are willing to include some of your own labor and troubleshooting that a North American brand wouldn't generally require of you (in exchange for a higher price). I am probably a good candidate for a chinese cnc router, having grown up as a machinist, and my career for the last 20 years is in the distributorship of large industrial metalworking cnc machines. Tweaking and tramming and indicating is perfectly acceptable to me.

I *think* I am looking for a 600 x 900 mm machine. I am primarily interested in making electric guitar bodies and necks. From what I can tell, the next size smaller that is common is the 6040, and that's too small. I could potentially see a 600 x 1200mm machine, but I don't have my head around everything yet.

OK - so the second caveat on the above is that all of my experience and research was for 4'x8' or bigger and generally on the higher end of controls/drives/spindles (though there is a good argument to get a machine without controls and then add the controls here - not mach necessarily as I'm not a mach fan but another of the options out there).

What I don't know is if the same companies also do smaller machines as well.

Hi, friend,
    I saw your article, you are very good person and have rich experience. What is your business?

Hi, friend,
    are you looking for the cnc machine? If possible, tell me your work, then I can show you more technical details. We are newer here but very experienced and professional.

OMNI is cnc router manufacturer based in China, we know Chinese cnc router manufacturers very well. CNC router made in China is rather competitive on the price. Quote from OMNI customer Jason from New Zealand, " “I am very happy with the OMNI machine. It is better than what I can buy locally for double the price. I was able to drive for three hours to see one that was previously imported. It’s solid and worked right away. You dont have to worry that you pay the money and nothing or a pile of junk arrives.” Quality is reliable if you choose top 10 cnc router manufacturer from China. So the issue you should consider it is how to sort out a reliable cnc router manufacturer from China.

I have posted an article for helping cnc router machine buyer to sort out the reliable cnc router manufacturer from China. cnc router china | OMNICNC . You could read it as reference. Checking domain lasting time, and check comment on CNCzone and other resource, like google, youtube etc, talking with sales engineer I think is very important. For first 2 points, you could figure out who is reliable, and an experienced sales engineer could help you to choose the suitable configuration at less cost, which effect the working performance and production efficiency directly.

Well, after sales service is also very important. Check if they have oversea training service, and where they have offered service, even you may ask if they local reseller in your country or near your country. OMNI has reseller in North America, and the reseller could offer the after sales service more more quickly, and you even could drive to reseller site to check real machine working performance.

I agree with gfacer2, the brands he mentioned are reliable enough, but you still need to talk with exact sales engineer to experience his or her knowledge and others. At last, if you are interested in, you may want to check what people saying about OMNI. Testimonials - Review - CNC Wood Router Feedback | OMNICNC

Hope you could get the cnc router you like and ended up with happy about it.
    Amanda Cheung from OMNI, www.omni-cnc.com,
    [email protected], Skype: omni-cnc

falacncrouter Guest

Hi Bravin. there is no problem to build a 600*1200mm cnc router machine for electric guitar bodies and necks. But it is not standard size and need to be customized. The price would be relatively expensive.

I've purchased lasers and a UV printer from companies in China without any problems, but I am purchasing my new CNC machine from Blue Elephant and my patience is being challenged by this company. You really need to do your due diligence before you send your money to these companies. Try to get as many testamonials from people on the forum who are purchasing from the same company you are considering. The unprofessionalism and lack of caring once your deposit is sent can reach monumental proportions. I am currently in the process of purchasing a new 1325 machine from Blue Elephant and will be posting the whole experience I had in dealing with this company shortly. If you or any one else are going to purchase a machine from Blue Elephant, you may want to wait for my report.

It is a pity to hear this, dear friend., We don't know what happened with you. As a trader, you need a reliable relationship to help you import the machines and deal with the trouble works. What I mean is that you need to build a good relationship first, then start the business. This will be more helpful.

---------------Jinan UnionTech Machinery Co., Ltd.------------------

Jinan UnionTech Machinery Co., Ltd.Jinan UnionTech Machinery Co., Ltd.

[email protected]

Quote Originally Posted by awest486 View Post
    I've purchased lasers and a UV printer from companies in China without any problems, but I am purchasing my new CNC machine from Blue Elephant and my patience is being challenged by this company. You really need to do your due diligence before you send your money to these companies. Try to get as many testamonials from people on the forum who are purchasing from the same company you are considering. The unprofessionalism and lack of caring once your deposit is sent can reach monumental proportions. I am currently in the process of purchasing a new 1325 machine from Blue Elephant and will be posting the whole experience I had in dealing with this company shortly. If you or any one else are going to purchase a machine from Blue Elephant, you may want to wait for my report.
    Hmm- never heard of them but then there are literally a million of them it seems. Trading company I am guessing (if only because the paint scheme on there photo's is not all the same).

I'd start the thread now. Tell us your specs or your PO and what frustrations you are having. It will be invaluable to others looking to buy from them. I'd start now before you get the machine. Sometimes it is good to get your thoughts out in a public forum to speed things along.

What happened to the shop sabre?

I did months worth of research then narrowed it down to 3. I finally chose to order an AccTek 6012 (600x1200). My machine was just finished and will be shipped tomorrow. I chose it for its stability and great Z-axis than most other machines.

I have sent a deposit on 6/27/17 and haven't seen any verification of my 1318-4 Blue Elephant being built. Who was yur agent?

Andy

Who was yur agent?

Andy

Andy
    Tom Zhang

Page 1 of 2 12