585,982 active members*
4,521 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Y axis reversed

As it turns out some problems that i have text, is that my Y axis is acctually reversed.

Anyone know how to change this? Is it in the mach 3 software?

Gee, Legion99999...
    I thought your SYIL was a GREAT machine...no spindle control and your Y axis reverse...sounds like a beautiful piece of engineering. And I'm a jackass...

retard

Dude you are a jackass. lol

Gee, Legion99999...
    I thought your SYIL was a GREAT machine...no spindle control and your Y axis reverse...sounds like a beautiful piece of engineering. And I'm a jackass...
    IM sure its something i have done trying to learn the machine, and yes im all ready making money on the machine and syil has already been in contact with me. I have absolutley no complaints on the support and response i have got from this company. I would recommend them to anyone.

The maxnc's i had before this were american made and had horrible support and much worse problems. 9 out of 10 cnc problems are operator related

Some of us actually try to learn to utilise our machines to their full potential. DO you even have a machine or just cruise the forums looking to pick a fight from behind a keyboard?

So in answer to your rant yes you are a jackass.

My advice to you is to grow up, buy a machine, american if you can afford it, learn how to use it and show us up with your great products.

Step up or shut up kid.

You can change axis direction in all CNC control software. I'm not sure where the setting is.

Make sure you be careful of the homing/limit direction as well. You wouldn't want it shooting off the other end of the dovetail. Go slow the first time.

-Jeff

Yep talked to richard and he fixed me all up. I had reversed my y axis. Text looks great now.

Legion...

what was the answer for us that follow in your footsteps?

Thanks man,
    FL^!

well

Well, first off al i most likely sabotagued myself so its unlikely that you will have the same problem but if you do find you have a reversed axis go to your config menu, select homing/limits, and reverse axis of whatever axis you need to flip.

Hi,
    You might need to select 'home negative' also under the homing/limits tab for that axis or the axis may tend try to home at the wrong end.