585,981 active members*
4,470 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Pacific Tooling - Roger Webb CNC

Does anyone have experience with purchasing a machine from Pacific Tooling? This is the Chinese company endorsed by Roger Webb from Australia. I have quotes for a 6090 from Pacific Tooling, JCUT, Omni, and Blue Elephant. Prices range from $2300 usd to $6400 usd for the same specs. The You Tube videos on the Pacific Tooling machine look like a good quality machine but they have no web site (under construction) and are at the high end of pricing.

Would like to know:
    1. Are they a reputable firm?
    2. Is the machine worth the extra money?

I have read a couple posts here about importing a Chinese machine. If anyone can point me to others I would appreciate it.

Is there an article that compares the different manufacturers on the forum?

Re: Pacific Tooling - Roger Webb CNC

Never heard of them so not likely worth any extra.

Sent from my LG-D852 using Tapatalk
    In case anyone is wondering, I'm the twin of the other gfacer on cnczone...

If you are from australia then why not buy directly from aliexpress? we bought our 9 machines directly from them, for me the price will be much cheaper with the same exact product you want if go direct.

[QUOTE=KH0UJ;2021324]If you are from australia then why not buy directly from aliexpress? we bought our 9 machines directly from them, for me the price will be much cheaper with the same exact product you want if go direct. [/I'm from Texas. Is that close to Australia?]

I'm from Texas. Is that close to Australia?
    Ohh im sorry, I thought you are from australia cause you mentioned it in your post, anyways I guess ebay will be your best bet sir

I have been looking to purchase a CNC machine and discovered Roger Webb on Youtube. I have communicated with him by email and he has been responsive. He is in the process of setting up his own manufacturing location in China which will produce machines to his specification.
    He says his website will be up in a couple of months. He has provided me with pricing and shipping costs to Seattle, WA USA.

I want to order a machine this week and their PT6012 still looks like a good idea but.......I just can't seem to put my finger on it. I am really wanting a High-Z 1000 from Germany at a bit higher price. With it I know what I'm getting (I think) and the shipping is $700 less. They want nearly $1000 for shipping on the PT6012....and that's 25% of the cost of the machine.

I have ALL of the concerns that you have. I've seen all of Roger's YouTube videos and I think I'm in good hands...with Roger. But....the machine is still from China.

Does Roger Webb own 100% of Pacific Tooling? That, I worry about.

After looking into the complications and uncertainty about buying from out of the country, I decided to buy from US companies. I purchased a system which I will put together.
    The frame comes from Fine Line Automation. I purchased a 4 X 4 Saturn frame. I then purchased Nema 34 closed loop hybrid motors, 3kw spindle and rotary axis. I will be designing and building
    the control box myself. It will be a big welded rack and pinon design. I also bought a laser to attach next to the spindle. I have not seen any new Youtube posting from Roger in quite awhile.
    I do not know Rogers full involvement with the company in China. There are many CNC companies there which you can find footage on Youtube. I got an estimate of $1000 to get it through customs. You then still have to get it to your on location.
    Craig.

I looked long & hard for an American supplier but I could not find one that fit my special needs.

I am disabled now and cannot build a DIY machine (which would have been my first choice).

I'm still leaning toward a CNCSTEP HIGH-Z 1000 but I do like the cost of the Pacific Tooling router.

Good luck my friend.

Quote Originally Posted by Tomcat104 View Post
    I looked long & hard for an American supplier but I could not find one that fit my special needs.

I am disabled now and cannot build a DIY machine (which would have been my first choice).

I'm still leaning toward a CNCSTEP HIGH-Z 1000 but I do like the cost of the Pacific Tooling router.

Good luck my friend.
    Hi,
    I couldn't see what type of work you want to do with you CNC router. There are a couple of other options that you might like to have a look at. I live in Australia so I haven't physically seen these machines.
    Have a look at this video. Dave Gatton has a regular live show " CNC With Dave" Saturday night USA time.
    Dave makes and sells CNC routers but is not against promoting other brands.
    On this Video they have Laney Shaughnessy from Digital Wood Carver. The Digital Wood Carver comes assembled except for the base. Dave's units come as a Kit.
    Most people are hobbyists from around the world and have meet-ups around USA. Laney follows the various shows around the USA.

"https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u3RW-vz8MuQ"

Hope this helps
    Cheers Mate
    Rob

THANKS!

I follow Daer Gatton and like both his podcast & his router. I just can't do DIY anymore and it's frustrating.

I'm just a hobbyist and want to buy my last router first. I know I need an assembled one and will require a lot of help along the way.

I will work 95% in wood or plastic but want the ability to do a little aluminum as well.

I was in your BEAUTIFUL country 5-6 time in the early 1980's and I so want to come back. If I ever make it back I owe you a Fosters!

I am currently in the process of purchasing a new 1325 machine from Blue Elephant and will be posting the whole experience I had in dealing with this company shortly. If you are going to purchase from Blue Elephant, you may want to wait for my report.

Thanks awest486. I will follow in your footsteps.

Been trying to buy a chinese machine but can't seem to find the correct contact at the seller end to get me a firm price including the trap oration logistics to a US west coast port. How do you get thru customs. The duty is around 6% but what is the process? Appreciate any help.

Bought mine from Jenny at acctekcnc.com. She handle EVERYTHING for me, right up to the time the truck driver rolled the crate into my garage and "dropped" the pallet jack.

Be sure to check every bolt & nut on it. I found a few of them to be loose.

I bought a AKG6012 and would do it again. If you can afford it I would seriously look at the automatic tool changer. I didn't buy it & now wish I had.

On the MachSupport forum there is a posting by Dougsshed that is pretty negative about Pacific Tooling.

Hi yachtlover, would be so kind to forward Reger Webb's email address as I need some advise regarding Laser CNC.
    THANKS
    Marteng

Quote Originally Posted by yachtlover View Post
    I have been looking to purchase a CNC machine and discovered Roger Webb on Youtube. I have communicated with him by email and he has been responsive. He is in the process of setting up his own manufacturing location in China which will produce machines to his specification.
    He says his website will be up in a couple of months. He has provided me with pricing and shipping costs to Seattle, WA USA.
    Martin G

Fair is fair but do some research into this person.

Importing A Chinese Machine......Roger Webb/Pacific Tooling - CNC Router - Page 4

Note the dates of postings.

Buyer beware!

I think you can buy directly from china
    as others mentioned the acctek or the blue elephant has many customer with good experience

shipping itself about 200, probably ocean freight.. 30-40 days to your port
    you need a custom broker because its over 2500

check your state capitol for custom broker..

your other option is DHL
    they can pass trough on custom for a fee

https://www.aliexpress.com/w/wholesa...k-akg6012.html

im not sure how roger webb can sell you
    but he has to get it first from china